MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I have been watching the Mets play this week (three times against my Cardinals), and two out of the three times they wore blue alternate uniforms with silver script and numbers. The cap also has a silver NY. After the black debacle, why mix up the scheme again? Blue and Orange is a clean mix, why add in silver? They kept black way to long. They had it earlier than anyone and kept it longer than anyone. The Mets need to ditch that blue road alt. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I have been watching the Mets play this week (three times against my Cardinals), and two out of the three times they wore blue alternate uniforms with silver script and numbers. The cap also has a silver NY. After the black debacle, why mix up the scheme again? Blue and Orange is a clean mix, why add in silver? They kept black way to long. They had it earlier than anyone and kept it longer than anyone. The Mets need to ditch that blue road alt. 

Cuz it’s grey. They’ve had it since 2015. They also wore a blue jerseys with a grey Mets wordmark outlined in orange in 1983-1984. As far as I know they’ve worn grey their whole existence. If only these board were linked to a site where you could look those things up.....

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/67/New_York_Mets/

18 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Cuz it’s grey. They’ve had it since 2015. They also wore a blue jerseys with a grey Mets wordmark outlined in orange in 1983-1984. As far as I know they’ve worn grey their whole existence. If only these board were linked to a site where you could look those things up.....

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/67/New_York_Mets/

And? They wore grey for 2 years in the eighties. So? Tell me how long has grey/silver been a Mets team color. Just because they have worn it doesn’t make it right. It looks very bad. The metallic finish makes it that much worse. 

If the Mets wore a BFBS uniform today, would you argue that because they wore it for parts of three decades its okay? 

5 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

And? They wore grey for 2 years in the eighties. So? Tell me how long has grey/silver been a Mets team color. Just because they have worn it doesn’t make it right. It looks very bad. The metallic finish makes it that much worse. 

If the Mets wore a BFBS uniform today, would you argue that because they wore it for parts of three decades its okay? 

They’ve added it off and on for 35 years.DKB1KmmVYAAHWbs.jpg

8 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Yes. Just like any other team going back to previous colors. They can do whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

This would go in the unpopular opinions topic.

I never said I liked. I just said that, yes the Mets could add black again if they wanted to just like they did before that’s up to them. They did it with silver/grey didn’t they?

8 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

I've always assumed the Mets' road alt has grey to match the road pants, just like the white on the home alt matches the pants. And it makes sense to me.

It is grey, it comes off kind of silvery on the hat, but it’s supposed to match the road pants, hence why it’s the road alternate.

Mets are pretty much almost perfect the way they are today. They don't need to bring it back permanently but I'll always have a soft spot for the Mets in black. It was the set I saw them wear when I was growing up and I'm still wearing a black Mets jersey form time to time. (Really wish I didn't lose the black hat!) 

If the Mets were to bring it back for a 1 day event, I wouldn't mind. Of all the teams that adopted black in that era, I still believe they (and the Knicks) were the best. 

c4325f28afdb932a448b129861e9aa3e-getty-145700743.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

I'm not keen on the Mets ever entertaining the thought of black again. If they have to have an alternate, I wouldn't mind seeing the snow whites return:

fa0add7456565b4edc2aa6420937b50d-origina

Those uniforms don't have the same appeal as the pinstripes, but they're a good "once in a while" set. Blue is fine by me for the Mets, but I wouldn't mind them adopting a version that had orange logos/lettering without outlines. It would be a better match for the cap logo. Heck, just stick the "NY" on the chest, and you'd be done.

There are also several acceptable New York Baseball Giants/Brooklyn Dodgers uniforms they could imitate (in royal/orange, of course):

7586_a.jpg 434px-Wilbert_Robinson_Brooklyn_NL_1916.png 

1931Uniform.jpgcontent

7 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm not keen on the Mets ever entertaining the thought of black again. If they have to have an alternate, I wouldn't mind seeing the snow whites return:

fa0add7456565b4edc2aa6420937b50d-origina

Those uniforms don't have the same appeal as the pinstripes, but they're a good "once in a while" set. Blue is fine by me for the Mets, but I wouldn't mind them adopting a version that had orange logos/lettering without outlines. It would be a better match for the cap logo. Heck, just stick the "NY" on the chest, and you'd be done.

There are also several acceptable New York Baseball Giants/Brooklyn Dodgers uniforms they could imitate (in royal/orange, of course):

7586_a.jpg 434px-Wilbert_Robinson_Brooklyn_NL_1916.png 

1931Uniform.jpgcontent

They already imitate the last one.  And I agree I miss the snow white uniforms.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, VandyDelphia Mike said:

https://www.lids.com/new-era/style_mlb-on-field-mesh-back-59fifty-cap

hwl?set=sku%5B20979104%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

Could this be a hot day option for on field use?  I mean, it is in the description.  Then again, didn’t see all teams, or more than one on-field style per.

Im gonna guess these will never see the field, because the Cleveland one has the block C with a red bill, and the Giants one has a white New Era logo instead of an orange one

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

14 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

They already imitate the last one.  And I agree I miss the snow white uniforms.

I'm implying a more thorough homage, with the double striping and maybe a Tuscan "Mets" script:

1933NYG_SFG_NL.gifMel-Ott-1948-Giants-game-worn-uniform.jpg

27 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Indians are wearing the red caps with their home whites. First time ever with this combo? I kinda like it. 

Slap a white outline on the cap logo and you'd have my preferred Indians cap for both the home uniform and a redesigned road uniform. Let the Twins and Red Sox be the navy/red teams with navy caps, while Cleveland and the Angels rock the red. It's not like navy would be going away, as it'd still have a prominent role in the design (enough to differentiate them from the Reds).

Archived