MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm one who has always tolerated the special event uniforms and never gets worked up about them but this year's Memorial day uniforms are horrifically bad. By far the worst special event uniforms ever. They're so hard on the eyes and difficult to read and just so damn dark and the combinations with some of the alternate unis are so bad. And why is the lettering a different green than the sleeve patches? And the lettering looks more black than anything. I really think it says something when even the more positive or less critical fans are like "woah what the heck is that?" 

I was at dinner Saturday night and caught part of the Rays game on a TV across the restaurant. I haven't been following them as much this season, so I had no idea who they were playing. They looked black and gray from far away, and it didn't help that the scorebug (which Fox Sport Sun usually makes orange for Baltimore) was black.

Eventually when the Rays were in the field, I remembered they were playing army dress-up this weekend.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Matito said:

I was at dinner Saturday night and caught part of the Rays game on a TV across the restaurant. I haven't been following them as much this season, so I had no idea who they were playing. They looked black and gray from far away, and it didn't help that the scorebug (which Fox Sport Sun usually makes orange for Baltimore) was black.

Eventually when the Rays were in the field, I remembered they were playing army dress-up this weekend.

Yeah I had MLB Network on late Saturday night while I had guests over so I wasn't sitting and watching everything so when I would glance at the TV to see highlights I couldn't tell which teams were playing and always had to look at the scorebug and then decipher based on who was wearing which base jerseys. It was such a mess.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:55 PM, el_gmac said:

Alternate jerseys should not be allow with special events

Better yet, MLB should get rid of special event jerseys (not likely to happy any time soon, of course). No reason for all teams to wear the same colors.

If MLB is donating proceeds from sales of this crap (as they should), it could just write its own check without having to have its customers write the check for them. 

18 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Better yet, MLB should get rid of special event jerseys (not likely to happy any time soon, of course). No reason for all teams to wear the same colors.

If MLB is donating proceeds from sales of this crap (as they should), it could just write its own check without having to have its customers write the check for them. 

Or confine them to the day of, like it used to be. This whole weekend thing is crap. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Marlins actually looked pretty good this weekend with black and olive jerseys:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5taWFtaWhlcmFsZC5jb20vbGF0

Depends on what you mean by good. They were still dark and dreary and difficult to see but they coordinated better than anyone else since the cap and the jersey were the same colors and I guess the white trim on the jersey at least provided some contrast to all the darkness so I guess I'd say they were maybe the best of the worst?

Ya know, I've been watching my team play in San Diego the last two nights and the Padres have worn their home whites and I gotta say they don't look bad.

Yes they may be bland and lacking in colors that we know they "could" have but the San Diego Padres don't look "bad" in a consistent navy and white. Their current home whites are probably their sharpest look of all their "non colorful" looks. If this was a new team and this was their first look we wouldn't be complaining. 

8 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Ya know, I've been watching my team play in San Diego the last two nights and the Padres have worn their home whites and I gotta say they don't look bad.

Yes they may be bland and lacking in colors that we know they "could" have but the San Diego Padres don't look "bad" in a consistent navy and white. Their current home whites are probably their sharpest look of all their "non colorful" looks. If this was a new team and this was their first look we wouldn't be complaining. 

I'm not too sure about that.  I think the general attitude would be "These are okay, I guess.  But, ugh... ANOTHER navy team?"

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Brewers breaking out the powder blues on the South Side of Chicago today. 

They  :censored: ing better get those things on the online shop. 

Do we know if the Sox are also wearing throwbacks today?

Marlins jerseys looking great they even remembered to put the names on a name plate. Oddly enough the inaccuracies of the cap (centering the F and adding a white outline) are an improvement so it looks great overall. Also notice the account is temporarily renamed to Florida Marlins not Miami Marlins...

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Brewers breaking out the powder blues on the South Side of Chicago today. 

They  :censored: ing better get those things on the online shop. 

Low pro hats are in stock...don't know if that helps you.

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=Brewers turn back

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived