MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I'd like to see Kansas City in a bluish-grey that recalls the classic powder blue road uniforms but is still recognizable as grey. Try around hex #a3acbf.

But no, I don't want anyone in full powder blue uniforms ever again. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Are they going to wear black undershirts? Because that might actually look better.

Seems like the color of undershirts wasn't as strictly enforced in 1993. On Opening Day that year most Marlins wore teal undershirts but a few like closer Bryan Harvey wore black undershirts. Looks like the Marlins are wearing the black this weekend but I hope we see teal accessories. Also fingers crossed they wear teal helmets. And I'm curious but doubtful that they'll repaint Billy The Marlin to the teal version instead of the now blue version.

Related imageImage result for 1993 marlins inaugural game

Image result for 1993 billy the marlinImage result for 1993 billy the marlin

11 hours ago, msu said:

Love those. Just replace the cap logo with this to reflect the Miami name and wear it going forward.

aKam7Fk.gif

I feel like the only reason they put the Marlin in with the logo in the first place is because it fits well with the shape of the F.

49 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Shameless plug.. I matched the M up to the font and style of the F.. Thought it looked a little cleaner than the wonky M..

pOVCO5R.png

This M doesn’t match the uniform and it looks like the marlin got stuck on the M. This is not a good look. 

16 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

This M doesn’t match the uniform and it looks like the marlin got stuck on the M. This is not a good look. 

It matches the uniform as well as the F did, which was what this M was modeled after.. But I can definitely see the "got stuck" thing.. I've whittled the M down about as much as I can without it starting to feel thin, but perhaps I can take it down just a touch more, and maybe enlarge the marlin a hair.. I was operating on the exact proportions and dimensions of the F logo though, which resulted in what you see now

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It matches the uniform as well as the F did, which was what this M was modeled after.. But I can definitely see the "got stuck" thing.. I've whittled the M down about as much as I can without it starting to feel thin, but perhaps I can take it down just a touch more, and maybe enlarge the marlin a hair.. I was operating on the exact proportions and dimensions of the F logo though, which resulted in what you see now

The M doesn't look right. The top part where the V meets the uprights is too short, Other than that, this would be a fine logo. It's okay for a cap logo to be a different font than the wordmark. The Cubs have never used their cap logo in a Chicago wordmark and the Indians don't use their crappy block C on the road jerseys they never wear. The only issue is with the Red Sox, where the road wordmark is basically the same font as the cap, but different for some unknown reason. That shouldn't happen.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

This:

Max-Scherzer.jpg

looks infinitely better than this:

jeremy-hellickson-of-the-washington-nati

The red crown/navy bill with navy jerseys is a nice, unique look that fits the Nats well. I do admit that the road cap does look good with it too.

59 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

This:

Max-Scherzer.jpg

looks infinitely better than this:

jeremy-hellickson-of-the-washington-nati

The bottom still looks very good and has the advantage of not being mistaken for the Braves.

7 hours ago, mafiaman said:

I'll see you all over in "Unpopular Opinions."  The old Florida Marlins look is hideous.

Please elaborate why, I'd honestly love to know. Do you just not like the color teal or how much it's used here? Did you like the 97 look with the same jersey but the black cap instead of the teal cap? And lastly do u like their current look? 

15 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Shameless plug.. I matched the M up to the font and style of the F.. Thought it looked a little cleaner than the wonky M..

pOVCO5R.png

You just need to soften the angle on those central diagonal pieces so the M doesn’t feel so top heavy. That’ll also bring down the inside joints and open up the void in the top and the effect will probably be more like a Marlin jumping through an M rather than getting stuck on it.

The expression on the Marlin’s face makes it look like he really did get stuck, though. ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

re the original Marlins look, that shade of teal is unpleasantly bright, and the typeface is too Times New Roman-y for a baseball uniform and isn't suited for a script and tail treatment. Very 90s and dated. I don't get the nostalgia for it; I'm also on the team that's happy to leave that in the past.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 minutes ago, Digby said:

re the original Marlins look, that shade of teal is unpleasantly bright, and the typeface is too Times New Roman-y for a baseball uniform and isn't suited for a script and tail treatment. Very 90s and dated. I don't get the nostalgia for it; I'm also on the team that's happy to leave that in the past.

I would agree here. If there’s one thing they definitely got right on the redesign, it’s the deco style of the lettering, and I’d like to see a version of it in teal with a simpler treatment as a sort of hybrid of the two looks. I happen to like the simplified fish (it hooks to the Dolphins’ look in that way), but the detailed fish works great, too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 6/4/2018 at 10:32 PM, the admiral said:

I'd like to see Kansas City in a bluish-grey that recalls the classic powder blue road uniforms but is still recognizable as grey. Try around hex #a3acbf.

But no, I don't want anyone in full powder blue uniforms ever again. 

I like full powder blue uniforms, but I also wouldn't mind seeing teams experiment with different shades of grey on the road. A while back, I made a Rays concept with a green-tinted off-white home uniform and a silver-green road uniform.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived