MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I think we've said it here a number of times - the Marlins' 2012 look would have been better if they emphasized the blue and orange instead of black and orange. Blue and orange hats should have been the primary hats, with black as an alternate. I'm a huge fan of the teal - already have a 2018 teal hat - and so-so fan of the current look just because it's a pretty big miss.

I think Tubby34 has a black Marlins hat with an orange/blue batterman (limited release in 2012) and it just looked so much better than black/orange.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It bugs me that TWICE the Marlins resorted to black when they had much better options right in front of them. 

I don’t think black is a bad color for them, I did like their 2003 set and I have grown fond of their current set but they had better options to pick from. 

XM4KeeA.png

32 minutes ago, insert name said:

It bugs me that TWICE the Marlins resorted to black when they had much better options right in front of them. 

I don’t think black is a bad color for them, I did like their 2003 set and I have grown fond of their current set but they had better options to pick from. 

Especially because no fan wants to wear black t-shirts or jerseys in South Florida.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Matito said:

Especially because no fan wants to wear black t-shirts or jerseys in South Florida.

Well...the Heat sell a lot of black tees. (edit, to be fair, when April and May come around, the team is all about white t-shirts; I was just thinking about some of the black "Vice" t-shirts that sold like hotcakes in the team store).

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well...the Heat sell a lot of black tees. 

Their games are also indoors, in the winter/spring... Marlins games are in the middle of the summer. 

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Please elaborate why, I'd honestly love to know. Do you just not like the color teal or how much it's used here? Did you like the 97 look with the same jersey but the black cap instead of the teal cap? And lastly do u like their current look? 

Honestly, I think the teal cap is just brutal...but I loved the same-era Mariners hats with the teal brim with the rest of the hat being navy blue.

8633-5Fr.jpg

The 1997 Marlins with the all black hats made them TOO black, if that makes any sense at all.  And, yea, in a quirky sort of way, I think the new colors are great and work for Miami.  

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Their games are also indoors, in the winter/spring... Marlins games are in the middle of the summer. 

People only wear sports t-shirts at games?

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Marlins games are also played mostly under a roof....

I never had an issue with Miami using black, but like many other teams that happen to have black in their scheme, they overused it. I would've been fine with the Marlins going with blue and black, with a hint of orange, but I also would've loved blue, orange, and yellow. I miss the original teal, but I LOVE this shade of blue they're using.

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

Yellow wouldn't be bad, but I think orange makes for better color balance with brown. 

Can’t agree with you.  The hues of orange and brown are too close - gold is a much better grayscale contrast and therefore a better-looking color with it. 

But brown + anything is better than the navy. 

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Can’t agree with you.  The hues of orange and brown are too close - gold is a much better grayscale contrast and therefore a better-looking color with it. 

But brown + anything is better than the navy. 

That never seemed to be much of a problem for the Browns.
cleveland-browns-hall-of-fame-running-ba

Granted, I'm biased.  Because this is one of my favorite sports uniforms of all time.
Dave+Logan+Brian+Sipe+future+event+UjMjn

Archived