MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. The Cardinals have added a memorial patch honoring Red Schoendienst to the sleeve for the remainder of the season. Basically the same design the team used for Stan Musial in 2013, which is fitting given how closely the two are tied together in Cardinals history.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and crowd

11 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

The Brewers :censored: up everything from their actual team to their awful uniforms. You can’t have a guy wear the wrong uniform, that should NEVER happen. 

Time to change. 

Huh? This for the team that has the second best record in the NL (as of last night's loss) and one of the top farm systems in all of baseball.  You'll have to explain that one to me.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, CB27 said:

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. The Cardinals have added a memorial patch honoring Red Schoendienst to the sleeve for the remainder of the season. Basically the same design the team used for Stan Musial in 2013, which is fitting given how closely the two are tied together in Cardinals history.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and crowd

I was glad to see they used the same design they used with Stan.  Perfect choice and the most appropriate by far.  

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

15 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

The navy and gold was bad to begin with (they should be wearing royal blue). And they wear their great throwbacks maybe once a week at home, which makes matters worse by saying "this is how good we could look." But them inexplicably switching one of their many jerseys to navy and yellow, including the BiG logo, and taking the striping off the pants instead of making a second pair is just unfathomably dumb. It's so schizophrenic, even the Padres are looking at them side-eyed.

And I just tuned in. They're playing the Cubs, who are in their awful blue alternates. It looks like a bad spring training game. Channel changed.

I was at the game last night - first time ever in Milwaukee. I found it very interesting that the BiG logo is EVERYWHERE in that stadium. I mean everywhere. Aside from the jersey and the main hat (no fashion hats) it's nearly impossible to find anything with the current identity in the ballpark. I think they're trending towards a Navy/Gold BiG rebrand, as just about everything in the store - including bobbleheads, stuffed animals, etc - features that look.

Anubis.png

2 hours ago, daveindc said:

Breaking uniform protocol when they could have covered Hoskins’ double-C-flap in red duct tape and wear the customary pinstripes? ?

I suppose nothing was stopping them from pairing blue caps with the pinstripes, other than bad memories of 1994...

s319946144375161906_p451_i1_w600.jpeg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Huh? This for the team that has the second best record in the NL (as of last night's loss) and one of the top farm systems in all of baseball.  You'll have to explain that one to me.

I dont agree with the way Brewers management put the team together. I don’t see why they decided to trade assets for Yelich and sign Cain to that big contract. I think they should have kept building with young players. Just because they had a surprisingly good half last year doesn’t mean they have to “go all in”. In my opinion, the Brewers are not true competition to anyone. Cubs got off to a slow start and got back to first rather quickly...like last year. Apologize if I ruffled some feathers. Just my opinion (probably unpopular among Brewers fans).

34 minutes ago, Mrittenhouse84 said:

I'd love it if the Phillies went with the Cream jerseys full time and the Pinstripes partially - As a Phillies fan - I've grown tired of the pinstripes

I'd agree - if they wore blue socks / belts / shoes.  As it is, it looks ridiculous to be wearing all the red accessories when that's not period accurate and clashes with the hat.

I'd welcome a return to the 50's style pinstriped uniform, but since that's not an option, yeah I'd prefer the alt (with the noted adjustments)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, Cardsblues02 said:

I dont agree with the way Brewers management put the team together. I don’t see why they decided to trade assets for Yelich and sign Cain to that big contract. I think they should have kept building with young players. Just because they had a surprisingly good half last year doesn’t mean they have to “go all in”. In my opinion, the Brewers are not true competition to anyone. Cubs got off to a slow start and got back to first rather quickly...like last year. Apologize if I ruffled some feathers. Just my opinion (probably unpopular among Brewers fans).

Gotcha - just good baseball talk.

Yelich is under contract for as long as Brinson would have been under control, and Yelich is the exact ballplayer that a team would hope Brinson would become. So, we got the older version of Brinson now.

As to Cain, he's added defense and OBP to a team desparately in need of it. 3-5 years from now it might be optimum, but for right now he was an upgrade that only cost money, and Attanasio has shown that he will spend to build a team.

It's where I sit.

39 minutes ago, Mrittenhouse84 said:

I'd love it if the Phillies went with the Cream jerseys full time and the Pinstripes partially - As a Phillies fan - I've grown tired of the pinstripes

With the blue hat/helmet? I’ve always liked that hat, but the Phillies are historically a red team.

8 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

With the blue hat/helmet? I’ve always liked that hat, but the Phillies are historically a red team.

Not really.  They've worn plenty of uniforms where red was not the primary color... and several where it wasn't one of the colors at all.

They've been red / maroon since 1950, which is certainly a long time, but I don't think they're bound to that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

#TheBestFansInBaseball
#TheCardinalWay

31 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not really.  They've worn plenty of uniforms where red was not the primary color... and several where it wasn't one of the colors at all.

They've been red / maroon since 1950, which is certainly a long time, but I don't think they're bound to that.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the cream alt meant to resemble the late 1940's uniforms the way the pinstripes resemble the Wiz Kids era uniforms?

YVRMUBj.png

22 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the cream alt meant to resemble the late 1940's uniforms the way the pinstripes resemble the Wiz Kids era uniforms?

Yeah, the '47 - '49 set, though the script was a little different and there were some inconsistencies with the P, but it's kinda close.

The thing is, they wore black belts and blue sleeves / socks back then, which makes a ton more sense than the red accessories they wear now.  Also, for '47 and parts of '48, their belt loops were actually blue too.

1947: blue belt loops, striped socks.  1949: plain loops, solid blue socks.  1948 some of each.

c3ae3a937dbdcd53b0abf695ec5ad0a2.jpg   nl_1947_philadelphia.gifnl_1949_philadelphia.gif

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Dude, I’m a Cardinals fan and I’m not with you on any of this. 

Back to to the uniform talk...

i could see see the Cardinals memorial patch for Red becoming the new team standard. Not to sound macabre, but many of the signatures of living Cardinals Hall of Famers would translate to a patch very well like Stan Musial’s did. 

9 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

i could see see the Cardinals memorial patch for Red becoming the new team standard. Not to sound macabre, but many of the signatures of living Cardinals Hall of Famers would translate to a patch very well like Stan Musial’s did. 

Just my opinion.  I didn’t mean to trash this thread. I would love to see the Cards add the number/signature thing to the outfield wall in place of the player pictures. Maybe its just me, but I don’t care for the pictures in left. 

Another thing, with Jeter as the GM, do the Marlins begin to wear teal more often, or am I overreacting to the throwback use this past weekend. I would love to see them go back to teal full time, but is that realistic?

9 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I would like to see a standardized Memorial patch. 

Archived