MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I would like to see a standardized Memorial patch. 

I see pros and cons of both sides. For a team with rich and consistent visual history like St. Louis or Los Angeles (NL), absolutely. But for other teams that have had different looks throughout the years, then I think patches need to be tailored towards what the player wore during his time with the team, lest you run into a situation like Toronto's Roy Halladay memorial patch being a number font he never wore.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

A standard memorial, like a black band, seems very impersonal, which is not the note to hit when honoring the life of an actual person.

Right. It’s much more personal to make them a logo so that their death can be celebrated and monetized. ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Just my opinion.  I didn’t mean to trash this thread. I would love to see the Cards add the number/signature thing to the outfield wall in place of the player pictures. Maybe its just me, but I don’t care for the pictures in left. 

Another thing, with Jeter as the GM, do the Marlins begin to wear teal more often, or am I overreacting to the throwback use this past weekend. I would love to see them go back to teal full time, but is that realistic?

It annoys me that the Cards have their retired numbers on the LF wall and beneath the scoreboard in RCF. They need to decide on one place. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

It annoys me that the Cards have their retired numbers on the LF wall and beneath the scoreboard in RCF. They need to decide on one place. 

I pretty much overlook the numbers only in right field because of the pictures on the left field wall.  If they were gone, I'd notice the numbers more.  However, if they want to keep the pics, for the love of Pete, change Ozzie's.  I get it, he's famous for the flip.  I saw it many times growing up, but it looks so out of place with the others and you can't see his face.  I'd change it to his "Go crazy folks, go crazy" trot from '85 with his fist in the air.  

!!AOTCDmlb_a_ozziesmith_cmg_600.jpg

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

2 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

I pretty much overlook the numbers only in right field because of the pictures on the left field wall.  If they were gone, I'd notice the numbers more.  However, if they want to keep the pics, for the love of Pete, change Ozzie's.  I get it, he's famous for the flip.  I saw it many times growing up, but it looks so out of place with the others and you can't see his face.  I'd change it to his "Go crazy folks, go crazy" trot from '85 with his fist in the air.  

!!AOTCDmlb_a_ozziesmith_cmg_600.jpg

The LF wall plays well on TV and gives a face to the number, so I think it looks the best. The numbers in RCF lack names and look crowded. I’m sure the DeWitt family can find someone to give them ad dollars for the RCF space.

4 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

The LF wall plays well on TV and gives a face to the number, so I think it looks the best. The numbers in RCF lack names and look crowded. I’m sure the DeWitt family can find someone to give them ad dollars for the RCF space.

Personally, I prefer the LF wall portraits, with the Ozzie exception.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

Just now, NicDB said:

To us 80s kids, the idea of Ozzie being represented by anything but a backflip is blasphemy.

I'm an 80s kid, and I may feel different if it was a better picture of the flip, but as it currently is, my OCD kicks in and it looks off compared to the rest.  And doggone it, I want to see his face.  Luckily that '85 homerun pic is pretty iconic for him as well and I think it would look better.  I mean, no one is ever going to forget the flip.  I love the flip.  In my opinion it just doesn't look good there.

I dont think ive seen red sleeves with the blue and grey rangers unis. 

This one is just a sleeve, not mandated undershirts for the whole team

nVzPyOQ.jpg

delino-deshields-of-the-texas-rangers-hi

deshields started doing it a few games ago. Is tonight also with the blue unis on the road, but all i have right now is this one from a home game

mccutchen last year with yellow was cool too

mlbf_1871474883_th_45.jpg857581460.jpg.0.jpg

and this year with the giants orange. Same with giancarlo last year and his orange sleeve

6233cd6c525444908637f5dce21f8f83.jpg?ito

Secondary arm sleeves or even undershirts. Very underrated 

48 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

nVzPyOQ.jpg

deshields started doing it a few games ago. Is tonight also with the blue unis on the road, but all i have right now is this one from a home game

mccutchen last year with yellow was cool too

mlbf_1871474883_th_45.jpg857581460.jpg.0.jpg

and this year with the giants orange. Same with giancarlo last year and his orange sleeve

6233cd6c525444908637f5dce21f8f83.jpg?ito

Secondary arm sleeves or even undershirts. Very underrated 

Logan Morrison has been wearing red sleeves lately for the Twins. When worn with the navy jerseys it reminds me of Cleveland. 

10 hours ago, HighCheese said:

nVzPyOQ.jpg

DeShields started doing it a few games ago. Is tonight also with the blue unis on the road, but all i have right now is this one from a home game.

The red arm sleeve on the road really brings out the red in the wordmark. I'd like to see how it would look with both arms first to get final judgement. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The red arm sleeve on the road really brings out the red in the wordmark. I'd like to see how it would look with both arms first to get final judgement. 

If the Phillies don't want to commit to this look, the Rangers should steal it:

phillies-owe-philly-pd.jpg

Good gods.  That 6 is atrocious.  Embarrassing.  The sleeves and belt are bad too.  Those are so close to being a great uniform, but so far too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really want the Phillies to have their "classic" uniforms, but replace the red with burgundy, and the blue with powder blue.  It would unify the two distinct eras of Phillies baseball, and that weird number font would actually work.

Archived