MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I think looking like teams in another division is overblown. The Indians share the AL Central with another RWB team and if switching to red hats helps them stand out there, do it (though I think Minnesota would look better with red crowns).

I don't know how I would like that. I played with Minnesota's uniforms a lot when my player played for them in MLB The Show, and I think their best look (at least with the elements present in the game) is their standard home uniform and cap. I used the red cap sparingly as an alt, but it didn't look great with a blue-heavy home and away jersey.

Side note on the game: It really bugs me that the 2018-specific uniform patches stay with the teams as the game progresses. I'm in 2021 and got traded to the Dodgers, and they (along with the Giants) still have the 60th Anniversary patch. I end up using the 1971 jersey a lot.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

9 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

So they can look like the Braves?

There's only so many ways to wear RWB.

Having red undershirts and shoes instead of navy would separate them from the Braves. I agree with you, but most people want the Indians to keep their colors, so there you are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Matito said:

I don't know how I would like that. I played with Minnesota's uniforms a lot when my player played for them in MLB The Show, and I think their best look (at least with the elements present in the game) is their standard home uniform and cap. I used the red cap sparingly as an alt, but it didn't look great with a blue-heavy home and away jersey.

Side note on the game: It really bugs me that the 2018-specific uniform patches stay with the teams as the game progresses. I'm in 2021 and got traded to the Dodgers, and they (along with the Giants) still have the 60th Anniversary patch. I end up using the 1971 jersey a lot.

Don’t get me started. Can’t stand the Nats still having the all start patch beyond 2018.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Don’t get me started. Can’t stand the Nats still having the all start patch beyond 2018.

What's really great is having Cincinnati's home run derby jerseys being worn in the 2026 ASG in Denver (I have The Show 15). I don't get why they put you in the HR Derby jerseys during the actual game, maybe that's been updated since.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

What's really great is having Cincinnati's home run derby jerseys being worn in the 2026 ASG in Denver (I have The Show 15). I don't get why they put you in the HR Derby jerseys during the actual game, maybe that's been updated since.

It hasn't been updated. I remember reading there was some issue with doing it, but the main reason is it's probably easier to put them in the derby jerseys.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

You really over-exaggerate. When I saw the pic I did think the Phillies should modify their number font so the 6 doesn't almost look like an 8.

But embarrasing? Nah and I think it is a great uniform.

Can one "over" exaggerate?  Anyway, we simply disagree.  I think their number font is downright silly.  What were they going for?  It's not "olde timey", it's not anything like the one from the era they're supposedly inspired by, it kinda sorta a little bit matches the script font, except that numbers don't flow into each other like a script does, so that doesn't make sense.

They really tried too hard there, and I just think it's stupid, and even worse when it has an outline.  The 4 is especially bad, since it's even missing the thing on the right that extends out.  

I'm glad you like it, you're not alone.  I just think they're a mess.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Can one "over" exaggerate?  Anyway, we simply disagree.  I think their number font is downright silly.  What were they going for?  It's not "olde timey", it's not anything like the one from the era they're supposedly inspired by, it kinda sorta a little bit matches the script font, except that numbers don't flow into each other like a script does, so that doesn't make sense.

They really tried too hard there, and I just think it's stupid, and even worse when it has an outline.  The 4 is especially bad, since it's even missing the thing on the right that extends out.  

I do agree with you on the what they were going for, it seems like they were trying to match it to the script (In the sense both were drawn with a marker) but it kinda didn't work out. It would be interesting if they modified it as I do like the font still, as it is very unique (There is no mistaking its the phillies when looking at the back of a player) but yea a modified version of it would be good.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, CitizenTino said:

The Indians are wearing Wahoo hats with road grays for the first time I can ever remember since they designated the Block C as the road primary cap.

I believe it is the first time. Did they ever say why they did this?

Indians-Cardinals-Baseball-1.jpg

Go A's!

On 6/26/2018 at 3:47 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

It hasn't been updated. I remember reading there was some issue with doing it, but the main reason is it's probably easier to put them in the derby jerseys.

I think it has to do with the limitations of the game. It's probably really difficult or maybe even impossible to have multiple different uniforms on one team, much in the same way that if the player goes straight to the next game after one finishes (as opposed to going back to the clubhouse), the same uniforms from the first game carry over, even if they're day-specific.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

6 hours ago, Matito said:

I think it has to do with the limitations of the game. It's probably really difficult or maybe even impossible to have multiple different uniforms on one team, much in the same way that if the player goes straight to the next game after one finishes (as opposed to going back to the clubhouse), the same uniforms from the first game carry over, even if they're day-specific.

This is probably true, but NBA Live 2000 on PlayStation was able to pull off all-star games with players in their team uniform minus the team nickname on the jersey. I remember being impressed. 

7 hours ago, Matito said:

I haven't played RTTS in a while but I think this was fixed in MLB 18. 

ClAFLDa.png

4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

This is probably true, but NBA Live 2000 on PlayStation was able to pull off all-star games with players in their team uniform minus the team nickname on the jersey. I remember being impressed. 

The texture files are so much larger for HD these days and it probably bogs down the performance having to have up to 30 different jersey textures loaded into memory instead of just 2.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:24 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Beyond all these valid points, an otherwise stylish and aesthetically sound typeface can certainly contain an embarrassing mistake (or several). Some might defend these pieces of design with a clever metaphor, like “look at the forest instead of the trees,” or something, but I tend to think that the best way to grow a beautiful forest is to start with healthy, solid trees.

Also, one cannot, in fact, over-exaggerate. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived