MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

13 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Tonight, the Orioles play-by-play announcer said the Orioles will be wearing this jersey on Saturday.  Black is the Friday night jersey, so I expect like last year, they'll be wearing them the day before the Saturday giveaway.

Orioles wore the MD flag jerseys on Saturday last year, the same day it was given away.

Friday, they wore the normal black jerseys.

I was in attendance for both haha

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, jp1409 said:

They get lower attendance than some AA clubs during the week now that they only count paid tickets. The actual attendance situation at Marlins Park is not only laughable, it is totally disastrous... 5000 paid tickets with 50-75% actually showing up spending some more at the stadium is ludicrous at best. I was absolutely stunned seeing how empty the place was at first pitch the last three-four times I've been there...

News flash, it's pretty much always been like this outside of a few brief instances. The new ownership is also announcing attendance honestly for the first time ever so despite what the numbers may say, this is nothing new. Regardless, the hope is they've hit rock bottom and in theory it only goes up from here... yes I know at this point that's just blind faith so I'd rather not get into a debate about whether that actually happens or not. 

Pictures of all the all-stars were put on display at Freedom Plaza in DC, and it looks like MLB doesn't want chief wahoo in the national spotlight as all the Indians players are wearing the red block C hat instead of their regular home hat.

Dh_40hUUEAEpz6H.jpg

Bauer on the left, Ramirez above the A, Lindor above the L and Kluber to the right of Kimbrel.

26 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Pictures of all the all-stars were put on display at Freedom Plaza in DC, and it looks like MLB doesn't want chief wahoo in the national spotlight as all the Indians players are wearing the red block C hat instead of their regular home hat.

Dh_40hUUEAEpz6H.jpg

Bauer on the left, Ramirez above the A, Lindor above the L and Kluber to the right of Kimbrel.

I think this is a cool idea. I don’t think we should be surprised that Wahoo is missing. I’d be surprised if that logo was featured.

27 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

I think this is a cool idea. I don’t think we should be surprised that Wahoo is missing. I’d be surprised if that logo was featured.

I agree this isn't surprising, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Also I don't know how popular or unpopular this opinion is, but I actually like the red block C hat more than the chief wahoo hat with their home whites.

By "red block C hat," do you mean "the hat with the red block C," or "the red hat with the block C"? Because the Tribe shouldn't have red hats.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

By "red block C hat," do you mean "the hat with the red block C," or "the red hat with the block C"? Because the Tribe shouldn't have red hats.

The red hat with the block C (okay I could've worded it better). I just think it looks better than the chief wahoo hat.

Agree to disagree: the goal of the post-Wahoo caps should be to retain the color balance of the hats they wore for the last 30ish years but without the objectionable logo:

Image result for 1985 cleveland indians

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Orioles wore the MD flag jerseys on Saturday last year, the same day it was given away.

Friday, they wore the normal black jerseys.

I was in attendance for both haha

thanks.  Saturday orange jerseys being worn tonight so they can wear the"MD Day" jerseys tomorrow.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Oh lord no. Do you know how many people live in this state? There's plenty of reasons that MLB can work in this state. 

But how many of them are native Floridians who are loyal to local teams?  The kids who were 5 years old for the Marlins first season are now 30 and have seen two World Series titles in their lifetime.

Besides, we're talking about a state that nearly half the teams in baseball have a longer-standing connection to than the two local teams that emerged within the past 25 years.  

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

But how many of them are native Floridians who are loyal to local teams?  The kids who were 5 years old for the Marlins first season are now 30 and have seen two World Series titles in their lifetime.

Besides, we're talking about a state that nearly half the teams in baseball have a longer-standing connection to than the two local teams that emerged within the past 25 years.  

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this to be honest. 

The Marlins and Rays have both been around long enough that if either team gets hot for an extended period people will jump on the bandwagons and be all rah rah for them. Sustaining that long term hasn't been proven yet but there are enough fans here to support both teams. 

I think my point is that it's not like people don't want to support these teams. It feels like they're waiting for the day they can really get behind them. With that said I've been attending Marlins games for all 25 years so I'm speaking for Miami more than i am for Tampa Bay. 

Archived