MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

13 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That reminds me (a bit off topic), aren’t we glad that the Eagles didn’t have a “think Oregon” redesign to fit with Chip Kelly’s whims? 

Back to the Marlins, I’m sure the pinstripes will (sadly) come back and the team will be even more dullsville than they are already. The Art Deco needs to be refined and embraced, not tossed for rehashing the old identity.

If Jeter does anything then completely dumping the Art Deco theme is my top guess. I say he moves back towards the fish itself and has more traditional looking uniforms while still creating something new and not just rehashing anything. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I think the biggest problem with the Marlins is that they have a vibrant logo with multiple colors but are essentially a black and orange team on the field...

Excellent point but I actually enjoy this for a simple reason. It negates most of the complaints that they're "a rainbow team." Their logo is colorful but them being 2 colored beyond that pops the balloons of those who wanna call them a rainbow. If they had 6 different colored caps and jerseys I think it would be laughable. 

The Marlins have the same problem that the original Devil Rays had. They have a multi-colored logo and use it sparingly, with the most use coming from fan-only merchandise, and it never gets used to its full potential on the field because the team is stuck using just one color from the logo set and pairing it with black.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

7 hours ago, Matito said:

The Marlins have the same problem that the original Devil Rays had. They have a multi-colored logo and use it sparingly, with the most use coming from fan-only merchandise, and it never gets used to its full potential on the field because the team is stuck using just one color from the logo set and pairing it with black.

I don't disagree with this but imagine the outrage from many if the Miami Marlins and the 98-2000 Devil Rays used all their colors from their logos in multiple caps and jerseys. 

On 8/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I don't disagree with this but imagine the outrage from many if the Miami Marlins and the 98-2000 Devil Rays used all their colors from their logos in multiple caps and jerseys. 

I'm not advocating an alternate jersey for every color in the logos. I'm just saying that there are options for trim details in more than just orange and black. Like others have stated, the shade of blue Miami has is beautiful, but it only gets used for promotional stuff. They have a bright color palette and a city with vibrant imagery. Use it. 

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

There’s a reason that they only wear black and orange - that was Loria’s choice.  He was quite clear at the time that the Marlins’ colors were black and orange.  The blue and yellow were only intended to ever be accent colors.

I'm fully aware of that. It doesn't make Jeffrey Loria any less stupid though.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

There’s a reason that they only wear black and orange - that was Loria’s choice.  He was quite clear at the time that the Marlins’ colors were black and orange.  The blue and yellow were only intended to ever be accent colors.

Hate to be that guy but I have a friend who works at the park and he's heard rumors the team is dropping orange, and may just be going blue, black and possibly grey/silver. As well as changing the logo. Expect to see all current Marlins merchandise on sale this off season...

Take that with a grain of salt, but I just hope they don't become the southern Yankees.

14 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Hate to be that guy but I have a friend who works at the park and he's heard rumors the team is dropping orange, and may just be going blue, black and possibly grey/silver. As well as changing the logo. Expect to see all current Marlins merchandise on sale this off season...

That would be pretty good - only one season with the new people in charge.

Plus blue, black, and silver sounds just about perfect for this team.

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That would be pretty good - only one season with the new people in charge.

Plus blue, black, and silver sounds just about perfect for this team.

I hope the keep the current shade of blue, maybe a tad darker. Its a unique enough color to stand out nicely with black, silver/grey. 

3 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Hate to be that guy but I have a friend who works at the park and he's heard rumors the team is dropping orange, and may just be going blue, black and possibly grey/silver. As well as changing the logo. Expect to see all current Marlins merchandise on sale this off season...//

Ooh, this is grim, I see pinstripes and fish with mouths hanging open in this team's future.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived