MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2018 at 11:09 PM, daveindc said:

Here's a great article on New Comiskey and what could've been for the White Sox' new stadium. Talks a lot about Camden Yards too: 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/the-white-sox-ballpark-in-chicago-that-never-was-and-could-have-changed-history/

I wonder if the White Sox will be looking for a new stadium in the near future. With the right design and location, they can really compete with the Cubs for relevancy in Chicago in the long run.

Speaking of ugly backdrops and ball parks, can anyone tell me why designers put exit/entrances right behind home plate?

Drives me f'n nuts to see all that commotion right behind the batter in game situations, Colorado and their Coors field is just one awful example.  Always someone walking back and forth

mlbf_748441383_th_45.jpg 

Going back to that rumor about the Marlins dropping the orange and going to that light blue along with black and silver, check out the colors in this image sent in an email about upgrades to the ballpark experience. It's probably nothing but it is light blue, black and silver/white and it does look good...

Screenshot_20180829-123715_Email.jpg.f01

2 hours ago, skip88 said:

Speaking of ugly backdrops and ball parks, can anyone tell me why designers put exit/entrances right behind home plate?

Drives me f'n nuts to see all that commotion right behind the batter in game situations, Colorado and their Coors field is just one awful example.  Always someone walking back and forth

mlbf_748441383_th_45.jpg 

At least Dinger wasn't there ...

dinger.gif

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Going back to that rumor about the Marlins dropping the orange and going to that light blue along with black and silver, check out the colors in this image sent in an email about upgrades to the ballpark experience. It's probably nothing but it is light blue, black and silver/white and it does look good...

You mean because the blue sky is reflecting off the windows?

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Definitely is a departure from the older media from the team which was orange heavy. Seems very classy. We'll see how it goes. 

11 hours ago, skip88 said:

Worst part is that that empty space means fewer people to reflexively duck and cover when a foul ball comes at them. Always get a kick out of that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Looks like a flier for a luxury condo building, not a ballpark.  Ballparks / baseball should be fun.  No kid is looking at that and begging daddy to take him to a game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Looks like a flier for a luxury condo building, not a ballpark.  Ballparks / baseball should be fun.  No kid is looking at that and begging daddy to take him to a game.

Sure but no kid anywhere is thinking about baseball these days, so.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

When does the 2019 MLB thread happen? When the first 2019 uniform change news comes out? I'm already excited for it. These threads become a fun journey for a full year. It's the reason I keep coming back to these boards. 

Probably want to wait until atleast a team clinch a playoff spot

46 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

When does the 2019 MLB thread happen? When the first 2019 uniform change news comes out? I'm already excited for it. These threads become a fun journey for a full year. It's the reason I keep coming back to these boards. 

Usually wait until we see some kind of uniform/logo change announcement for something to be used next year.

Archived