MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

The manufacturer / advertiser question is legit though.  There was a lot of news, then it just kinda fizzled out.

Did Nike officially sign the deal to replace UA?  If so, when does their ad start appearing on jerseys?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we all know, Cleveland is getting rid of Chief Wahoo next year.  There was a bit of a preview Thursday night in Toronto as they took him off their uniforms.  A couple years ago for the ALCS, there was a failed challenge against them to prevent them from using Wahoo or even being called the Indians.95296dbc77063024ccafa6b998284278

21 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Are blind people gonna come to the park to watch the Orioles play in those Braille jerseys? 

Fans that have to watch the Orioles this year already wish they were blind anyway.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 9/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

The manufacturer / advertiser question is legit though.  There was a lot of news, then it just kinda fizzled out.

Did Nike officially sign the deal to replace UA?  If so, when does their ad start appearing on jerseys?

Doesn't seem official official just yet. Most reports are from May and they all say is Nike "reportedly" takes over deal after UA left.  

Orioles will be the first pro team to wear Braille jerseys

September 7, 2018 - 18:13 PM

In a season filled with losses, here’s a win for the Baltimore Orioles. The team will wear jerseys that feature Braille writing to honor the National Federation for the Blind—a national organization with 50,000 members, marking its 40th year headquartered […]

Read More...

Looks like the dots are just on a white nameplate patch.  Lame.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

The umps are going to be in for a fun night.

The umps are usually blind anyways...

060210_det_gallaraga_almost_perfect_v1_m

22 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Wait until the blind community sees this

or... wait until the deaf community hears about this.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived