MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, jmac11281 said:

IMO, it is boring but boring can never be the worst. The worst is definitely the Diamondbacks.

I'm a D-Backs fan and I have to agree. The snake pattern gradient doesn't work. It either looks like blood or sweat stains. If they removed it, I think they have a really good look. I get they are trying to do something different, but the execution falls flat. 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:22 PM, SFGiants58 said:

This is simple/timeless:

95296dbc77063024ccafa6b998284278

Simple block fonts, an uncomplicated template design, and making use of the team's traditional/complete color scheme.

This is plain/boring/dated:

padres-2017-f.png

The petcopark.ttf font that looks so 2004 and the neglect of the team's popular historic color schemes (brown/yellow, navy/orange, and navy/sand) make it dull. A more timeless, yet ornate font (e.g., a rounded slab-serif font, cursive scripts, etc.) and a more exciting color scheme (in line with their history) would be better. I'm not going to comment on the bowtie wordmark, as I'm one of the few people who thinks it's not too bad.

I agree with this too. I really do like that Cleveland look. It would be a good starting point for a new identity for them. Everything really fits well. I would say its simple & timeless. I'm not one to be called a traditionalist, but for some reason it has a lot more character than the Padres uniform. Something about the Padres screams boring despite it having a unique wordmark. Must be the Navy and White combo. 

13 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Other than the recent series in Toronto, in which they also removed Wahoo from their sleeves, I can’t remember the last time I saw the Indians wear one of their Block C hats. It’s like one last act of defiance before Wahoo is taken off the uniforms permanently next year.

Yeah they have been pairing that all navy Wahoo cap for pretty much all their road games even though it had originally just been designated for the blue tops. I like it. One last go around for Wahoo as much as possible before it's gone forever. 

Go A's!

I don't know if anyone watched Dodger/DBacks last night, but ESPN's cameras made the Dodgers's roads look incredibly dark gray with a blue tint. It was not just one camera, either.

Weird.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Brewers are wearing the retro pinstripes again today.  Second day in a row, not in their regular schedule but because of the link to past success.

I'm not usually a fan of alternates in big games - on the biggest stage, you wear your best look.  But in this case, the alternates are the Brewers' best look.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

What’s up with the Athletics, Rockies and Dodgers keeping their anniversary patch on their jersey and awkwardly throwing the postseason patch on it? Has this ever happened before?

I don’t recall anything like it. 

I do prefer the Dodgers’ approach; they removed their anniversary patch and raised it up, making room for the long and flat Postseason patch.  Better than slapping it over the top like the others did. 

DovPWaGVsAA12Nh?format=jpg&name=large

DojvW8vU0AAws4b?format=jpg&name=large

I kinda like the Braves but :censored: them for wearing their God awful blue set yesterday, I'm glad they got their ass kicked in these. As for the Brewers WTF? You made it there in your throwbacks and wear your (not that good) colored alt at home for the series opener while handling athletic gold towels to your throwback wearing fans? What a missed opportunity...

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I kinda like the Braves but :censored: them for wearing their God awful blue set yesterday, I'm glad they got their ass kicked in these. As for the Brewers WTF? You made it there in your throwbacks and wear your (not that good) colored alt at home for the series opener while handling athletic gold towels to your throwback wearing fans? What a missed opportunity...

I mean, doesn't baseball superstition dictate that the throwbacks be worn throughout the playoffs?

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

A Friday thing that sucks.

Well, the Brewers didn't bust out the pinstripes tonight, even though it's Friday.  I suspected we wouldn't see the retro set anymore this season.

52 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Well, the Brewers didn't bust out the pinstripes tonight, even though it's Friday.  I suspected we wouldn't see the retro set anymore this season.

I heard that they’re gonna wear Navy all throughout the postseason because that’s what we need, another team that thinks Navy is a good luck charm in the playoffs, WHEN IT CLEARLY ISN’T!!!!

XM4KeeA.png

Archived