MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

11 hours ago, insert name said:

I heard that they’re gonna wear Navy all throughout the postseason because that’s what we need, another team that thinks Navy is a good luck charm in the playoffs, WHEN IT CLEARLY ISN’T!!!!

Not the worst thing in the world I guess.  Maybe they'll even bust out the 2nd navy alternates.  The less I see of their regular white set, the better.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, skip88 said:

Were there ever a hanging socks logo on the blue or the red Red Sox jersey?

7 hours ago, skip88 said:

Were there ever a hanging socks logo on the blue or the red Red Sox jersey?

I think that logo has been limited as a patch to the gray jersey. The hanging socks logo was on the hat that they wore with the red and the navy alts when they were first unveiled in ... 2008? But everyone hated that hat so much that it got ditched after a year.

siCSqSaE.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 hours ago, Digby said:

I think that logo has been limited as a patch to the gray jersey. The hanging socks logo was on the hat that they wore with the red and the navy alts when they were first unveiled in ... 2008? But everyone hated that hat so much that it got ditched after a year.

siCSqSaE.jpg

Unpopular opinion: I liked that hat. Could have worked as a Sunday alternate like the Cards bird on the bat hat. 

30 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

The whole look was too bland. Maybe a red bill could've saved it.

Regular hat and then the socks on the sleeve would be nice, same goes for the red jersey, can't believe  how bland it is, no navy piping or socks on sleeve. 

23 hours ago, Digby said:

siCSqSaE.jpg

Thanks, must be something i imagined then.  Would improve the jersey imo

I like the logo but it never looked right on a cap to me. Gotta be the B. If they need an alt cap I’d rather see the 70s red crown come back more frequently.

if they absolutely needed to put the socks logo on a cap, the navy outline on a navy background just looks very off to me. Needs a white outline, which the fashion caps seem to have figured out:

736cfad9-fede-4a21-8495-05a3e55511a0_1.a

They both need it.

The hanging socks make a good batting practice cap and a good dugout jacket logo. Wouldn't want it on the hats in games that count, though; there should be no alternate caps (and no alternate uniforms for the Red Sox, either).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

They both need it.

The hanging socks make a good batting practice cap and a good dugout jacket logo. Wouldn't want it on the hats in games that count, though; there should be no alternate caps (and no alternate uniforms for the Red Sox, either).

I’m with you except that I don’t mind a hypothetical better red uniform. The Sox logo is perfect for a dugout jacket. Unfortunately all we’ve got now is those  faux heather hoodies with a hashtag slogan or the generic raglan pullovers, so it’ll go to waste.

A team as classic as Boston should only be in white at home: if you make it to Fenway, the Red Sox should look like the Red Sox. (Same with the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers.) A red batting practice jersey would be fine (maybe with Tuscan numbers instead of the old-timey block numbers) but their base color should be navy in all other instances. That's a change the Lucchino regime made that I was never on board with, the red undershirts, jackets, and seemingly everything else.

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

A team as classic as Boston should only be in white at home: if you make it to Fenway, the Red Sox should look like the Red Sox. (Same with the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers.) A red batting practice jersey would be fine (maybe with Tuscan numbers instead of the old-timey block numbers) but their base color should be navy in all other instances. That's a change the Lucchino regime made that I was never on board with, the red undershirts, jackets, and seemingly everything else.

But what about the red socks? At least back in the 2000s, that the Red Sox weren't so strict about their "classic" look was something that set them apart from the Yankees. The New York team is stuffy, with their facial hair rules and lack of alternate jerseys, while Boston was more freewheeling. And even then, their alts are pretty mild.

And if nothing else, if the Red Sox were still a navy base team, the most famous rivalry in baseball would look a lot more monochromatic. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:00 PM, insert name said:

The Red Sox are surprising me. Of all teams, I thought they would be wearing their whites. Why are they suddenly breaking out their reds? Are they gonna be another one wearing navy when they play away? 

I'm just going to guess it was Starting pitcher Price's choice, try something different to change his post season luck. I hate both the alt jerseys, too plain. Maybe if they had the piping like the home whites it would be ok. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

8 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

But what about the red socks?

What about them? The socks and lettering should be red. But red jerseys and jackets don't look right on them to me. Too Cardinalsy.

I don't mind the red accessories part. I think wearing more red outside of the uniform itself was an upgrade -- greater contrast with the Yankees (which is more important than the Cardinals), looks really nice contrasted with Fenway green, the color is in the name, etc. I could really do without the dual scheme red at home/navy away schtick, but I suspect that'll stick around to sell more crap since they can't get away with all the alternate caps and jerseys other teams can.

Archived