MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Alternate navy BiG is the second-best BiG.  But it’s also the second-best logo the Brewers have overall. 

Kind of surprised to see this set...it's been quite awhile since they've worn it.  I'm guessing the superstition in them would have keep them in the regular navy set had they not lost on Saturday..

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I dunno, I think it looks fine:

36424030016_91691b65fe_b.jpg

You forgot to color the webbing. ?

And no, that looks pretty bad.  The hidden letters are brought to the forefront, and the delicate balance is spoiled.

Besides, you know they’d insist on at least one outline to separate the blue in the logo from the blue of the background.  And a dropshadow. ? 

On 10/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, Ray Lankford said:

To be honest, it never really clicked with me that the ball is in the glove like a catch till I saw this yellow version (since it actually looks like a glove).

To me it looks less like a glove, I instantly see a glove in the blue with yellow outline, when it’s just yellow it just looks like letters smooshed together

On 10/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, Ray Lankford said:

To be honest, it never really clicked with me that the ball is in the glove like a catch till I saw this yellow version (since it actually looks like a glove).

Then what did you think it was doing in the palm of the glove? Not trying to be funny but it's literally nicknamed "ball in glove" so what else did you see there?

1 hour ago, dont care said:

To me it looks less like a glove, I instantly see a glove in the blue with yellow outline, when it’s just yellow it just looks like letters smooshed together

Yea it's because in the blue one the glove is what's being emphasized by the yellow outline and thus the letters become hidden/more subtle, which is what you want. In the yellow one the letters are what's being emphasized and the glove becomes hidden. One logo is a baseball glove (with hidden mb letters) and the other logo is mb letters (with a hidden baseball glove).

It's a very simple change but it makes a world of difference.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Then what did you think it was doing in the palm of the glove? Not trying to be funny but it's literally nicknamed "ball in glove" so what else did you see there?

There's a ball and there's a glove but it doesn't seem like they're interacting, probably because of the outline. In yellow, it looks like a catch.

Archived