MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, insert name said:

What the hell do the Red Sox think they’re doing wearing navy?

7 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is this the first time the Red Sox have worn an alt in the World Series?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they have a fixed jersey rotation? Don’t they always wear alternate jerseys on Fridays/Saturdays? Home red, away navy? I swear I’ve heard/read that somewhere

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they have a fixed jersey rotation? Don’t they always wear alternate jerseys on Fridays/Saturdays? Home red, away navy? I swear I’ve heard/read that somewhere

For regular season? Sure. For the World Series? :censored: off...

13 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is this the first time the Red Sox have worn an alt in the World Series?

probably, but I thought they had learned their lesson during the ALDS. Come on this is the big stage, look your best. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I don't like alts in the post season, but I really don't like that alt.  It looks unfinished.  Unpolished.  Like a BP jersey, and not one that's designed to be part of a cohesive uniform.  Maybe adding the headspoon trim would work, or maybe some arm trim.  Something.  It just needs... something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it cynical of me to think that the Red Sox are only wearing these alts for merchandise sales? I know it sounds kinda dumb, but what other logical reason is there? They lost wearing them last night, so it isn't some dumb good luck charm. The blue tops aren't aesthetically pleasing either, especially considering they have an iconic home/away set. I just don't get it.

Someone in the pitching staff must like them, it's the only logical solution I have as to why they keep wearing those batting practice tops. Again, I didn't think the Red Sox of all teams would be wearing their alts as often in the postseason as they have.

Red Sox have some incredibly uninspiring alts, both the red and navy. They don't even feature the Sox patch the away jerseys have. They've had these for years but they never put any effort in to them. It's like management said, "We need some alts and we need them now! Just throw some blank red and navy's and call it a day." 

I'm just gonna say it, they have the worst alternative jerseys throughout MLB. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived