MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

On 9/18/2017 at 6:16 PM, Gothamite said:

Ugh.  That could be the worst of all possible worlds. 

Come on, Milwaukee. This ain't hard. 

''Tis the nature of compromise, nobody ends up happy with the solution ?

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, insert name said:

1. I miss the snow white uniforms. I wish the Mets brought it back. 

2. Does this photo of Johan with the ASG patch count as "Right Team, Wrong Uniform"? 

1. I miss them too but I'm fine with the pinstripes being the only white uniform. 

2. I guess yeah lol He injured his shoulder early 2013 which effectively ended his career so he never had a chance to wear that specific uniform. 

54 minutes ago, Teal said:

Thanks. 

Has there been discussions about a re-brand?

Probably too soon. I would re-brand when the new organization is really ready to field "their" team. The Marlins are being gutted right now and may not be good for a season or two as Jeter builds the team he wants. I'm sure when UA takes over they'll have some extensive talks about a re-brand. 

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Thanks. 

Has there been discussions about a re-brand?

Nothing publicly yet.

Jeter has been very cloudy with his words to the media about the future of the team both on the field, off the field, and as far as things like uniforms as well. 

From what I've seen so far, I believe they'll worry first about starting the process to fix the on field product and will then look towards less crucial things like uniforms down the line, maybe after a season or two. As for whether it'll be just tweaks or a full rebrand is up in the air now. New ownership did say that when it came to things like uniforms "everyone has an opinion" which tells me their early observation is that some want a full change, some want minor changes, and some want no changes and that it'll take time to pick a direction as a group. 

There is low attendance in Miami, get rid of Stanton and they will never recover.  Jeter is only with the Marlins to make money.

for running the team's baseball operations Jeter will get a $5 million salary, $4 million management fee and $1 million travel budget,

He does not care about uniforms 

24 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Wasn't there talk about Jeter wanting to bring back the pinstripes, or was that just speculation based on his Yankeeness?

Speculation. Jeter hasn't said a thing about uniforms. It's easy for everyone to say Jeter just wants to make a clone of the Yankees down here. The goal is success, Yankee-like or not. 

56 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

There is low attendance in Miami, get rid of Stanton and they will never recover.  Jeter is only with the Marlins to make money.

for running the team's baseball operations Jeter will get a $5 million salary, $4 million management fee and $1 million travel budget,

He does not care about uniforms 

I disagree with this. If the new ownership group does what many suspect and go for a rebuild, but are transparent about it, I think they’ll be ok. The Marlins are saddled with debts and trading away Stanton now can be pitched as an attempt to get the team on solid financial footing so that they can sign and keep players in the future. Pair that with the last two champs achieving success with a tank to champs model and I think Jeter & Co. can be successful with fan support. 

I like the the teal look but I don’t see it coming back. 

1 hour ago, jerseyjunk said:

There is low attendance in Miami, get rid of Stanton and they will never recover.

Attendance was already lowest in the NL even with Stanton chasing 60 homers. We can't exactly get worse than the bottom. The thought that the fan base will not recover from a Stanton trade is a myth. If you're gonna trade him might as well do it now. Do whatever it takes to build a consistent winner and when that happens the fans will come out no matter how much they complain now. The people in this city love to say they hate the unsuccessful teams but as soon as the team has success everyone has their shirts and bumper stickers and acts like a die hard fan. It's the way this ridiculous city is for sports. They've done it for the Marlins in the past, they've done it for the Heat in recent years, and they'll do it again for any team in the future when success comes. 

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Attendance was already lowest in the NL even with Stanton chasing 60 homers. We can't exactly get worse than the bottom. The thought that the fan base will not recover from a Stanton trade is a myth. If you're gonna trade him might as well do it now. Do whatever it takes to build a consistent winner and when that happens the fans will come out no matter how much they complain now. The people in this city love to say they hate the unsuccessful teams but as soon as the team has success everyone has their shirts and bumper stickers and acts like a die hard fan. It's the way this ridiculous city is for sports. They've done it for the Marlins in the past, they've done it for the Heat in recent years, and they'll do it again for any team in the future when success comes. 

I don´t  doubt that, but i think Jeter is only there to make a profit. 

Im sure theres a good portion of fans out there you think Jeter is gonna get out on the field again lol A lot of people loooove the Yankees down here and will let more slide (like trading Staton etc) with Jeter then Loria and co because he's Jeter. 

I would love for them to make baseball there fun again. They have plenty of rentable store fronts surrounding the stadium underneath the parking garages that they can get some restaurants and bars in there. All they have now is a Metro PCS, Subway, some Medical thing and a Cigar Shop. Bring in some business to draw people! 

45 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

I disagree with this. If the new ownership group does what many suspect and go for a rebuild, but are transparent about it, I think they’ll be ok. The Marlins are saddled with debts and trading away Stanton now can be pitched as an attempt to get the team on solid financial footing so that they can sign and keep players in the future. Pair that with the last two champs achieving success with a tank to champs model and I think Jeter & Co. can be successful with fan support. 

I like the the teal look but I don’t see it coming back. 

But there will be none.

Besides, they just signed Stanton, why would they get rid of him so soon after.

Whole rebuild talk is always just bull, look at San Diego, Oakland 

5 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

But there will be none.

Whole rebuild talk is always just bull, look at San Diego, Oakland 

Yes, Stanton recently signed but it is an AWFUL contract for such a small market team that has more holes to fill then a wheel of swiss cheese. That contract is so back loaded he was never gonna stay passed 2017 or 2018. I'm sure the Yankees would've been a trade partner this season if some other tall guy didn't start mashing homers. 

image.png.3b1cc036f7e934f24051fa2d998c2ecc.png

58 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I would love for them to make baseball there fun again. They have plenty of rentable store fronts surrounding the stadium underneath the parking garages that they can get some restaurants and bars in there. All they have now is a Metro PCS, Subway, some Medical thing and a Cigar Shop. Bring in some business to draw people! 

Making baseball fun here again isn't too difficult if they stick to a plan I think. And the empty store fronts under the parking garages is a city issue that they haven't lived up to. Believe it or not it's one of the few "problems" that isn't the fault of the Marlins themselves. But yes there's plenty of room to make this team a good thing for the city and the community. 

59 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

His annual salary is going up rapidly and the team is actually losing money every year now. I don't think anyone predicted the team to be losing money 5 years after opening a new ballpark. I'd hate to see Stanton go but I compare it to owning an expensive car that you can no longer make the payments for. It's a luxury that becomes a burden and eventually you should cut your losses before you get even deeper into the hole. 

Archived