MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is very weird to me that the Twins, Cubs, Marlins, Brewers, and Nats are using their home hat models. 

I won't be buying the Orioles hat, but I am so jealous of it. I was really hoping for a Cardinals "slugger bird" hat. 

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Why do they have an all silver game hat now?! 

Dammit rockies, purple!!  not blue red and yellow.  Not black and silver.  PURPLE

25 years = Silver Anniversary 

45 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

If they’re lighter fabrics and materials, why are these more expensive?

Premium materials and premium pricing.  Same reason dry fit shirts from the Big 3 manufacturers are more expensive than cotton.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:59 PM, insert name said:

Why do the Reds still have black? Every team like the Mets and Blue Jays have moved on from their BFBS phase but the Reds are still holding on. 

Main reason: $$$ (black is apparently popular).  But contrary to common belief, the Reds have a history of using black prior to the 1990s BFBS era.  The execution of the Reds' use of black over the past 18 years is another matter entirely...

So these pictures confirm there are likely no major changes for 2018 (which we'd all been ready for, due to UA takeover in 2019).  

I still think we'll get a few more alternate hats and TBTC stuff than normal.

That Rockies ST hat is not good.  Just keep the state flag out of the logo.  The anniversary patch looks better than I thought.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:22 PM, the admiral said:

I want to like the Reds' hat, but I don't think it's a good idea to compromise the wishbone C standing for Cincinnati. You shouldn't have two different styles of the same letter. I realize that doesn't leave the Reds with much in the way of brand extension, but maybe they shouldn't be extending their brand in the first place, they're the Reds.

I'm afraid this is a test run for something in 2019 to mark the 150th anniversary for the Red Stockings' first season...  

On 11/17/2017 at 9:38 PM, Ark said:

This is why the Reds should go back to the Big Red Machine uniforms. The Reds had their most success wearing them and they would be very unique today.

This.  And it could be accomplished so easily with the current set: remove the black, change the font back to the standard. Done.  

From a color standpoint, I'd love to see the Cardinals use this as a road cap.  Bringing back some navy, while not losing the red. 

IMG_FA329F262C9B-1.jpeg

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

From a color standpoint, I'd love to see the Cardinals use this as a road cap.  Bringing back some navy, while not losing the red. 

EDIT:  For some reason I can't get it to upload the pic, but I am referring to the new Cards BP cap.

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/932684345734770689

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

1 hour ago, CardsFan79 said:

EDIT:  For some reason I can't get it to upload the pic, but I am referring to the new Cards BP cap.

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/932684345734770689

Uploading photos to the forum was eliminated last week.

1 minute ago, AstroBull21 said:

Uploading photos to the forum was eliminated last week.

That would explain it.  Thanks for the head's up.

Maybe sacrilegious as a Yankees fan, but I wish they'd step outside of the box for a rare occasion like the spring training cap. I realize options are limited and there isn't much they are going to do, and nothing can replace the interlocking NY, but using the ball logo with Yankees script would be really cool to see for the spring training hats.

Archived