MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

vulcansball.jpgftFhD-1443478165-blog-64.jpg

Surprisingly, baseball uniforms are pretty tame in the Star Trek universe. 

C8bhFKZVoAAxpiN.jpg

That actually makes sense in canon. Benjamin Sisko was shown to be a fan not only of baseball but of the game’s history (there’s a whole subplot involving him and a Willie Mays rookie card).

So it makes sense that he’d pick traditional uniforms when he finally got to put his own team together. 

[/NerdOut]

40 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That actually makes sense in canon. Benjamin Sisko was shown to be a fan not only of baseball but of the game’s history (there’s a whole subplot involving him and a Willie Mays rookie card).

So it makes sense that he’d pick traditional uniforms when he finally got to put his own team together. 

[/NerdOut]

I think it was the Ringer MLB podcast that pretty much dedicated an episode to discussing this DS9 episode with the writer. It made my summer.

14 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

More number changes, another manager straying into spring training non-roster invite territory.

Terry Francona 17 to 77

CA Francisco Mejia 33 to 17

Fortunately, we’ll rarely see this since Tito always wears pullovers to hide his gut.

Time to get rid of numbers and uniforms on MLB coaches, nobody wants to see it.

And it frees up numbers for players.

21 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

More number changes, another manager straying into spring training non-roster invite territory.

Terry Francona 17 to 77

CA Francisco Mejia 33 to 17

Fortunately, we’ll rarely see this since Tito always wears pullovers to hide his gut.

I thought it was for a blood circulation issue.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2997982

5 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Can I just reiterate how bad that butt flap looks on pinstriped jerseys

DQyb1VPUEAAOy9F?format=jpg&name=900x900

What's UA's jersey's technology in terms of vents and such?

And seriously.  They pinstriped the sides.  The just figured this didn't matter because it's hidden in the pants?

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

To me the mesh flap serves a unique purpose from the rest of the shirt. Putting pinstripes on that would seem forced and pointless. Like making the underside of the cap brim the same color as the cap.

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

And that is why I refuse to buy an authentic pinstriped Mets jersey, Holding out hope for UA but the logo on the front worries me...

10 hours ago, daveindc said:

To me the mesh flap serves a unique purpose from the rest of the shirt. 

I have no doubt that you're right.  I think the mesh flap serves the exact same purpose as those oh-so trademarkable and marketable vents on modern football helmets.  How else would you know who makes it?

3 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

And that is why I refuse to buy an authentic pinstriped Mets jersey, Holding out hope for UA but the logo on the front worries me...

Thinking about it now, maybe because it’s only been around for 2 years, I haven’t seen a single fan wearing the pinstripe flex base uniforms yet. 

XM4KeeA.png

6 hours ago, daveindc said:

To me the mesh flap serves a unique purpose from the rest of the shirt. Putting pinstripes on that would seem forced and pointless. Like making the underside of the cap brim the same color as the cap.

This makes a lot of sense but fans who buy authentic jerseys to wear them actually wear them outside of their pants so, for the sake of making sure fans buy these jerseys, they should probably put pinstripes on that flap. 

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Thinking about it now, maybe because it’s only been around for 2 years, I haven’t seen a single fan wearing the pinstripe flex base uniforms yet. 

Neither have I. The flap obviously doesn't impact the on-field look, but it looks godawful on fans. And I'm not sure I've seen a single fan wearing one of those flex base Yankee uniforms yet.

Archived