MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

Just browsing social media the other day I came across the Padres Instagram page and perused through it and was struck hard by how boring their color scheme is. They recently had their Fan Fest and just seeing all the plain navy and white uniforms and signage and everything was something else. It was weird because everything looked nice and professional and well designed except for one thing and that's the lack of color. Everything just looked "unfinished" from a color standpoint. They need a second color in there and I don't even wanna debate which 2nd color they need but they just need one ASAP. White is not an appropriate 2nd color, or at least not without a third color in there. 

Some examples...

cut.jpgcut.jpgcut.jpgcut.jpgRelated image

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I don't know why anyone ever expects the Padres to go back to brown. It'll NEVER happen. The fans all want it, and the Padres are the dumbest, most tone deaf team in pro baseball. Rather than see them switch to brown, I'd be happier if they just contracted them entirely because they're utterly useless. 

Sometimes, I wonder if the NL should have just let them move to D.C. in the mid-'70s. At least them wearing navy/red would make sense in that city.

18 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

How many times can the Padres conduct research about their uniforms? It's seemingly every year that we hear this.

And you know what? Even though I don't like the navy blue and white color scheme... maybe actually sticking to it for more than 3 or 4 seasons would actually start endearing it to the fan base? It can be argued that the only thing worse than the Padres not having a better color scheme is them wanting to change their look every few seasons. Even if it's something I don't like personally, sticking to one look would make me respect them more.

Does any other team in the modern era actually change their look more than the San Diego Padres? 

Not only sticking to the same color scheme, stick to the same look too. Their unis Change every other year to build up support. There’s no consistency. They finally got a Padres script for the home uniform to match that nice San Diego font, and then they screwed it up by going back to the bow tie font... it just doesn’t make sense. Also, I wish there was a full script Padres on the Navy jersey rather than the SD. It just doesn’t feel like it fits with the rest 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

How many times can the Padres conduct research about their uniforms? It's seemingly every year that we hear this.

I suspect they keep finding out that their fans want brown back, and so they'll keep going until a focus group tells them what they want to hear.

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I suspect they keep finding out that their fans want brown back, and so they'll keep going until a focus group tells them what they want to hear.

Something tells me their "focus groups" only include fans between the ages of 25 and 30 and who are lifelong residents of San Diego, and therefore grew up watching Tony Gwynn and the marginally successful 1996/1998 teams.

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

giphy.gif

You dont need brown and yellow uniforms...

The current Padres ownership group hasn't done research. The owner admitted that the new uniforms were designed based on research the last ownership group did back in 2011 and have yet to start the new research that they keep talking about.

Also, is this news? Haven't we known for a while that the Padres are stuck with their current look till 2020, based on league rules?

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Well we know its not anything native American related....so maybe something fuzzy like Raymond, Slider, Phanatic...

Considering Atlanta's obsession with birds, they could opt for some kind of hawk... match the other two franchises in their city. I'm sure they could find a way to make it a "tribute" to Native Americans or something (like many other native identity-changing teams have done).

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Also, is this news? Haven't we known for a while that the Padres are stuck with their current look till 2020, based on league rules?

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The NFL has a five-year rule, but I don't know that a similar rule has been confirmed in baseball.

If there is a rule (and I don't remember there being one in baseball), every team's clock is reset in 2019.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Considering Atlanta's obsession with birds, they could opt for some kind of hawk... match the other two franchises in their city. I'm sure they could find a way to make it a "tribute" to Native Americans or something (like many other native identity-changing teams have done).

I can see it now... “Tommy Hawk” doing the Tomahawk Chop.

Edit: Tommy Hawk already taken. 

cut.jpg

NYCdog.png

Archived