MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Saw a trailer for MLB 18: The Show just recently. Got a first look at one of the many postseason logos. Here's Nationals Park in (imaginary) NLDS fashion

jHksckJ.jpg

So that World Series logo is legit then...

Scrolling through reddit and it seems as if they were all posted there.  

Still not a fan of the logos.  At ALL.

Great anniversary logo for the Florida Marlins. Nothing about that says Miami Marlins. Cool to see that marlin and the teal come back...but weird at the same time.

edit: They have to wear throwbacks a lot for this to really work, right? One series seems kinda weak.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

Is it so hard for teams to organize throwback nights/weekends when they'll be playing a team that is still wearing their uniforms from back then?

True but sometimes we see the visiting team wear throwbacks too almost like they're playing along so maybe the Padres have agreed to do that? Just a thought. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

True but sometimes we see the visiting team wear throwbacks too almost like they're playing along so maybe the Padres have agreed to do that? Just a thought. 

I think I heard that the hometeam has to put in the request to Majestic and make all the arrangements for both teams to wear throwbacks (?). Something like that.  

But Marlins throwbacks vs. Padres throwbacks is like a dream for Kevin Brown and Benito Santiago fans.

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Because that's how they looked in 93?

But it's not a general rule of thumb that the anniversary logo reflects the original look. The Angels' 50th anniversary logo was done up in the current style as was the Astros' 45th logo (the 50th one seemed to be a precursor to their uniform change). And the Mariners had their 40th in both styles but both predominantly featured the current logo.

7 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

But it's not a general rule of thumb that the anniversary logo reflects the original look. The Angels' 50th anniversary logo was done up in the current style as was the Astros' 45th logo (the 50th one seemed to be a precursor to their uniform change). And the Mariners had their 40th in both styles but both predominantly featured the current logo.

Judging by the logo reveal event today they're making this seem like more of a celebration of the first season than any other. They showed a video with clips of 93, announced 1993 throwback jerseys and 1993 ticket prices, and had a q&a with the 1993 opening day starting pitcher... I know that's not the typical way to celebrate an anniversary but that seems to be the way they're going about this. Just an observation really, make of it what you will. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Judging by the logo reveal event today they're making this seem like more of a celebration of the first season than any other. They showed a video with clips of 93, announced 1993 throwback jerseys and 1993 ticket prices, and had a q&a with the 1993 opening day starting pitcher... I know that's not the typical way to celebrate an anniversary but that seems to be the way they're going about this. Just an observation really, make of it what you will. 

1993 payroll too. ^_^ Hopefully they have the roof open for the throwback series (unless rain is in the forecast).  It does seem odd that they'd really emphasize the first season when the team has won two World Series. Not complaining though.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Great anniversary logo for the Florida Marlins. Nothing about that says Miami Marlins. Cool to see that marlin and the teal come back...but weird at the same time.

edit: They have to wear throwbacks a lot for this to really work, right? One series seems kinda weak.

I freaking love it. I should care that it doesn’t mesh with the current identity at all, but I don’t. I’m just thrilled to see the old marlin and teal again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived