MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

On 2/20/2018 at 9:36 PM, Captain Invader said:

Anyone notice the Tribe's promo photos show the Indians wearing the home unis with the navy bock C cap.  Actually doesn't look bad.  Wonder if the home Chief cap already phased out.

Given that the photo day photos are used by most media outlets (e.g., Twitter, broadcasts, and official MLB publications) for player portraits, it could be Cleveland’s way to phasing out the last few bits of Wahoo’s presence in their media package. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I know it's a "normal" sized logo now, but that just looks...weird, to me. I guess the same can be said about the Tigers hats. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Yeah I think it's subtle enough that eventually we'll just forget the change ever happened but I like their larger logo and this one looks like a manufacturing mistake. Like if it's "not" an authentic collection cap. 

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Given that the photo day photos are used by most media outlets (e.g., Twitter, broadcasts, and official MLB publications) for player portraits, it could be Cleveland’s way to phasing out the last few bits of Wahoo’s presence in their media package. 

It is. I believe the Indians did this last year too.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

12 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Fix the number font and this whole set would be pretty good.

The font is ok, but the font effects are pretty awful. The one-color numbers worn at ST look pretty good.  For regular uniforms,  I think just flat blue, outlined in orange and black (or something similar) would look good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:18 PM, itsmb8 said:

Does anyone have a list of all the confirmed throwbacks thus far?

Only ones known to my knowledge are:

• Tampa Bay: 3/31, 6/9, 6/23, 9/8
  • Arizona: 3/31, 4/19, 5/3, 5/10, 6/14, 7/5, 8/2
  • Philadelphia: Select Thursday home games
  • Miami: June 8-10.

Maybe we see something for the 60th anniversaries of the Giants and Dodgers both moving from their former New York homes but that is unlikely.  Kansas City could have something up their sleeves for their 50th season but that is also unknown right now

58 minutes ago, ZipperClub said:

Angels going NNOB for Spring Training.

Ohtani imitating Barry Bonds with the accessories - dual elbow pads plus a shin protector and the ridiculous oven mitt on the basepaths.

Angels usually go nameless on the back for spring training i think...

mlbf_1227421583_th_43.jpg

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Maybe we see something for the 60th anniversaries of the Giants and Dodgers both moving from their former New York homes but that is unlikely.  Kansas City could have something up their sleeves for their 50th season but that is also unknown right now

Brewers are doing a Robin Yount 1970s replica jersey giveaway on July 8.  That may indicate throwbacks that day.  ?

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Brewers are doing a Robin Yount 1970s replica jersey giveaway on July 8.  That may indicate throwbacks that day.  ?

That'd be interesting.  Oh and all of those Diamondbacks dates are all on Thursdays at home.  The last Thursday home game they'll more than likely wear one of their current jersey except the road and road alternate with teal trim.

4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

58 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

That'd be interesting.  Oh and all of those Diamondbacks dates are all on Thursdays at home.  The last Thursday home game they'll more than likely wear one of their current jersey except the road and road alternate with teal trim.

Thanks for the replies.  I definitely knew that Arizona was doing that with their Thursday Throwbacks and I kind of assumed Miami would do something based off of their anniversary logo.  And as a Brewers fan, I shouldve known that.  I actually make uniforms for the Out Of The Park computer sim, so I have a full excel list with all uniforms for the new season so I know what to make.  If you guys or anyone else wants to take a look at it and maybe point out something I missed or make any informed suggestions on what to add id be very appreciative!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Km2FEx2X8NZNtu1nWvVaKxysJQXf3iBN7jAOY40TyhQ/edit?usp=sharing

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

59 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I definitely knew that Arizona was doing that with their Thursday Throwbacks and I kind of assumed Miami would do something based off of their anniversary logo.  And as a Brewers fan, I shouldve known that.  I actually make uniforms for the Out Of The Park computer sim, so I have a full excel list with all uniforms for the new season so I know what to make.  If you guys or anyone else wants to take a look at it and maybe point out something I missed or make any informed suggestions on what to add id be very appreciative!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Km2FEx2X8NZNtu1nWvVaKxysJQXf3iBN7jAOY40TyhQ/edit?usp=sharing

Mets are doing a black throwback day or is this just for the computer sim? 

XM4KeeA.png

7 minutes ago, insert name said:

Mets are doing a black throwback day or is this just for the computer sim? 

Forgot to mention, the only Throwbacks on the list that are CONFIRMED are the Diamondbacks, Rays, Phillies, Brewers, and Marlins (currently updating).  Ill put all the confirmed throwbacks in bold.  And yes, the list is really just a reference for me for what unis to make for the game.

Also to be noted, the specialty uniforms I have listed are all unconfirmed (obviously.)

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived