ANGELCAT-IDA61

MLB changes 2018?

I don’t know the Brewers are actually confirmed.  

Unless you mean the Negro League Day, which they are definitely doing.  

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t know the Brewers are actually confirmed.  

Unless you mean the Negro League Day, which they are definitely doing.  

Did miss that one (exactly why I started this discussion) but with them doing the Robin Yount jersey promotion and this year being 40 years since the BiG logo was first used, I figure that they'll be using those throwbacks. 

The Yount jersey giveaway is pre-BiG.  

cut.jpg

Do you think they’re doing a 1978 throwback as well?

Youre definitely right, that does look more from 72-77.  Seems like a huge missed opportunity though, this being the 40th anniversary year of its first introduction.  I mean IMO, when you think of Yount and all the other OG Brewers like Molitor, Fingers, etc., you think of the early 80s playoff runs and the BiG uniforms they wore.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Yount jersey giveaway is pre-BiG.  

cut.jpg

Do you think they’re doing a 1978 throwback as well?

Is that supposed to be an actual image of what the jersey is going to look like?  If memory serves me, the Brewers never had a dark blue alt before the BIG (or even during that era, for that matter).

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Is that supposed to be an actual image of what the jersey is going to look like?  If memory serves me, the Brewers never had a dark blue alt before the BIG (or even during that era, for that matter).

No - That's how they present all of their promos (such as bobbleheads).

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No - That's how they present all of their promos (such as bobbleheads).

Phewww

not sure if this has been posted or discuss but the Giants are using gloss batting helmets, not sure if they switched to gloss full time or just ST thing55weq.jpg

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

not sure if this has been posted or discuss but the Giants are using gloss batting helmets, not sure if they switched to gloss full time or just ST thing55weq.jpg

They wore gloss during ST last year also, then went back to matte for the regular season.

Just an observation but there are so many ST caps that were made but are never used by the teams. 

A shame, Braves are dark enough already, we need more vibrant colors in sports not more dark and doom. Tigers and Yankees got that covered 

Just look at Oakland's new sweet green jerseys 

Is that Braves change as noticeable/significant as, say, Rays navy to Tigers navy? Or is it one of those more subtle "most won't even notice it" changes?

I think it'll only be noticable in print and graphics. The uniforms are already the dark navy, but some printed materials show up a dark royal to light navy depending on the material being used. 

If it's a change for "uniformity" and consistency across all platforms then that's a good thing. More teams should take a second look at this. The Red Sox have had this problem for years and I feel like no one notices this clash between light navy and dark navy...

Image result for john farrell miami

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just an observation but there are so many ST caps that were made but are never used by the teams. 

Yes Dodgers do not use them , Yankees when they play at home but that's normal. watching the Orioles and they're wearing their reg home caps.

I just hope MLB teams noticed how stupid and crappy the Pro-Light is that we won't see them next season

As a Braves fan, I’ve always noticed the graphics discrepancy. The blue was obviously way too light blue when compared to the dark navy of the uniforms. This is a great move, IMO.

What I haven’t considered, and will be curious to check out this season, is whether or not the new stadium already reflects the color change. Will be interesting to see if the blues used across the park are the lighter or darker blue. Never noticed or thought about it much last year.