MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

2018-MLB-Fourth-of-July-Cap-Visor-590x617.jpg

You guys tell me if I'm picking at straws here.... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut  July 4th is for the Declaration of Independence.....  "We The People" is the Constitution.     I can already see someone saying its just an America thing don't take it so literally.. but i think its much more likely everyone just didn't know the difference. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

You guys tell me if I'm picking at straws here.... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut  July 4th is for the Declaration of Independence.....  "We The People" is the Constitution.     I can already see someone saying its just an America thing don't take it so literally.. but i think its much more likely everyone just didn't know the difference. 

No, you raise a very good point.

If we really want to split hairs, July 4th is an American holiday.  A case could be made for the Blue Jays not participating (at least if they're playing at home).  However, it's safe to say that will not happen.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

56 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Now to get all the olive drab out of Memorial Day. Baseball players aren't The Troops. It's ugly and stupid.

Why do you hate our troops?  Are you anti-American?  Do you want us to lose?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, insert name said:

If they don’t wear those, the terrorist wins! 

They already have :(

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

No, you raise a very good point.

If we really want to split hairs, July 4th is an American holiday.  A case could be made for the Blue Jays not participating (at least if they're playing at home).  However, it's safe to say that will not happen.

They're in the AMERICAN League, sooo....

7 hours ago, goforbroke said:

That’s almost certainly true.  People already don’t know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day (and treat both as a celebration of active-duty military).  

18 hours ago, goforbroke said:

I agree with you, although 'When in the course of human events" wouldn't really fit on the underside of the bill.  ;) 

It's not like there isn't already really distinctive iconography around signing the Declaration of Independence.

declarationindependencefxd.jpg

Or lay this over the American flag:

declaration-of-independence.jpg

I think it's ignorance, not a conscious choice, that led to "We the People".  Although seeing that on a cap reminds me of what a missed opportunity it is, that the Nats don't use that distinctive "W" as their cap logo.

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It's not like there isn't already really distinctive iconography around signing the Declaration of Independence.

I think it's ignorance, not a conscious choice, that led to "We the People".  Although seeing that on a cap reminds me of what a missed opportunity it is, that the Nats don't use that distinctive "W" as their cap logo.

original comment retracted, as I realized I misread. The W in We the People on a red hat with a navy outline? And maybe incorporate "parchment khaki" into the design? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, kroywen said:

What about John Hancock's signature on the visor? Or would that potentially be construed as an unintentional advertisement for John Hancock Financial?

Sure, you could put these on the underbrim. 

Us_declaration_independence_signatures-e1404441050710.jpg

But I still think the top of the document would be better.

US-original-Declaration-1776.jpg

Or even the top portion of the later printings, with "unanimous" and the blackletter type:

United_States_Declaration_of_Independenc

Archived