MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of that DC cap.  Could do without the bevels, but it's a great logo, and I've never heard anyone colloquially refer to the city as anything other than DC.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, Ark said:

The curly W is underrated, it's a fantastic logo.

It's associated with a cruddy team that skipped town (leaving the city without a baseball team for over 30 years), consistent playoff failure, and a popular chain of drugstores. It got promoted to main logo because the city fathers wanted to promote the arrival of the relocated Expos with Cooperstown Collection gear and Bud overrode the original plan to have a "W" logo that fit with the initial brand:

4884328132_36faa1f082_o.jpg4884331852_d624426747_o.jpg

That goes with the initial brand so much more. Sure, the Curly W works with the scripts (which were reverse-engineered from the logo), but the "DC" just looks better with both the bevels and the scripts.

The Rays hat works with the script (love the gradient), but the navy ray on the hat is completely mismatched with the black ray on the jersey, and the navy hat is mismatched with the purple numbers outlined in black. I really like the new hat, but for this, they should have gone with the original black hats. Save the new hat for the navy and white uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, Ark said:

But it matches the players' sleeves and socks. 

True. Still looks weird. As if someone said "navy will look purpley enough" or vice versa.

Also not liking the navy undershirts with the throwback jersey. Was it that hard to wear black? Because the 98 unis had so many colors already it's "tolerable" but I'm having a tough time with all the inaccuracies caused by this mixing and matching for the Rays today. 

I just noticed that the Orioles moved all to their Sunday afternoon start times to 1:05pm this season.  It has been 1:35pm for at least the past 25-30 years, so this is a relatively big change, at least in the esoteric category of "MLB game start times."  Does anyone know why they changed it?

9 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

I just noticed that the Orioles moved all to their Sunday afternoon start times to 1:05pm this season.  It has been 1:35pm for at least the past 25-30 years, so this is a relatively big change, at least in the esoteric category of "MLB game start times."  Does anyone know why they changed it?

Might(I have zero idea) have something to do with the fact all games are now on masn, and not over the air tv. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

43 minutes ago, insert name said:

Do the Cardinals not wear the navy caps anymore? 

They wear them on the road against teams with red hats (eg Nats, Phillies)

Archived