MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, goDEVILS said:

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but the DBacks also went with the original "D" logo on the purple helmet for this game. Wish they could have matched the purple from then, but hey, I was just stoked to see the right logo on it.

2018:

Image result for dbacks 

1998:

Related image

I absolutely love this look. I do think it could be improved if the middle white outline and possibly even the “BACKS” parts of the wordmarks were in metallic copper as opposed to the white. I don’t possess the necessary photoshop skills or know how to mock that up but if someone wants to, I wouldn’t mind!

13 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

I absolutely love this look. I do think it could be improved if the middle white outline and possibly even the “BACKS” parts of the wordmarks were in metallic copper as opposed to the white. I don’t possess the necessary photoshop skills or know how to mock that up but if someone wants to, I wouldn’t mind!

Either way, it beats the heck out of “D-BACKS.” They need to either use the above look or stick with the “A” logo. Both are great. The shortened name is pretty bad.

On 4/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, Ark said:

What's wrong with being both?

They aren't though. New owners dropped "devil" and they are the rays of sunshine (LMAO) which is pathetic just like their uni and logo set.

To leave the devil ray on their and this year to use it is pretty hilarious. They must have seen that people bought way more merchandise that had the devil ray rather than burst of sunshine.

7 hours ago, 16kid said:

Did anyone notice the Angels wear Red belts now? I didn’t. Looks crisp. 

It's been a few years now but yes it's an upgrade.

Also, even though the Rays dropped the sea creature devil ray it's been on their sleeve every year since the rebrand as a connection to the previous brand so it's not out of place to still use the animal in some form or another. 

11 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's been a few years now but yes it's an upgrade.

Also, even though the Rays dropped the sea creature devil ray it's been on their sleeve every year since the rebrand as a connection to the previous brand so it's not out of place to still use the animal in some form or another. 

It'd look kinda out of place for the Titans to have an oil derrick patch on their sleeve, and that's not all that dissimilar to what TB is doing.

They need to commit to one or the other.  The sting ray is a million x better idea than a ray of light, even if none of their logos that depict it have been major-league caliber IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So, it just occurred to me that the Braves didn't wear their cream jerseys on Saturday at home. 

I may have missed something, but don't recall them saying anything in public about changing the routine. 

Maybe they’ve decided to stop diluting one of the best uniform sets in the sport. 

14 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I hope so. Aside from a Sunday alternate they should always wear the whites with the tomahawk. 

I wouldn't even allow them that.  When your regular uniform is that good, when your regular cap is that good, you shouldn’t wear anything else.  

6 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Love the amount of anniversary logos/patches this year

the "8" year is a good one

dodgers, giants, rockies, dbacks (poor padres)

marlins, royals, A's, Rays

The Padres get next year all to themselves. Actually, it'll be interesting to see if the Brewers and Nationals do anything.

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It'd look kinda out of place for the Titans to have an oil derrick patch on their sleeve, and that's not all that dissimilar to what TB is doing.

They need to commit to one or the other.  The sting ray is a million x better idea than a ray of light, even if none of their logos that depict it have been major-league caliber IMO.

Do they? Why?

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They do.

Because trying to be a little of everything means actually being nothing.

It's not everything, it's two things. And the sunray identity is so vague that it'd hardly get in the way.

Also, there are plenty of teams that are essentially nothing. The Dodgers aren't anything, neither are the Phillies, both Soxes, etc. 

Archived