MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

The Braves have been a bit more liberal with their uniforms since last season, so I'll be keeping an eye on if they continue to try some things. 

I know last year for a few games they brought back the home caps with the road greys, as well as wearing the BP cap at home on weekends. 

Hopefully they continue the former and stray away from the latter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The Braves have been a bit more liberal with their uniforms since last season, so I'll be keeping an eye on if they continue to try some things. 

I know last year for a few games they brought back the home caps with the road greys, as well as wearing the BP cap at home on weekends. 

Hopefully they continue the former and stray away from the latter

They plan to wear the BP cap quite a bit this year during games.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:41 PM, Matito said:

I've long thought that the Rays have, over their 20 years of existence, gathered all of the necessary pieces for a good brand, but they've never put them together. I'm no concept artist, but I think that they could build a uniform and logo set that would be fresh, cohesive, and most importantly, unique.

Start with the original-era logos, but drop "Devil" from the name if you please, which leaves "Rays" with the fish logo (one of my all-time favorite logos).

9428_tampa_bay_devil_rays-jersey-1998.pn

Use the colors of the 2008 rebrand.

tb-rays-team-colors.jpg

And use the uniform template of the current 70s fauxbacks.

f814d42a0270929dcd68c040cb154fca.jpg

This combination can take something unique about each item, strip away the problematic elements (the rainbow gradient from the 1998 logos, the boring typeface from the 2008 logos, and the kitschy 70s look of the fauxback logos/color layout), and create a new look. Obviously, I'd like to see a predominantly white jersey and white pants at home, but they could easily utilize powder/Columbia blue on the road and not look ridiculous or contrived.

I'd love to see someone with more talent than I mock this up.

I wish more teams used logos on the cap instead of letters 

hvmY186.png

34 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

I wish more teams used logos on the cap instead of letters 

A lot of teams do - in the minor leagues.

Mascots have no business on major-league caps*.

*Blue Jays and Orioles exempted. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Cardinals do it as well on the Saturday Alternates. Other than that I agree. Logos have no place on MLB caps. 

Cardinals alt caps look minor league.  They're not exempted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah but what teams like these caps all year round or at least with there alt jersey

these would make great cap all year around

Tampa Bay Rays New Era MLB Authentic Collection 20th Anniversary 59FIFTY CapSeattle Mariners New Era MLB Batting Practice Prolight 59FIFTY CapColorado Rockies New Era MLB Batting Practice Prolight 59FIFTY CapArizona Diamondbacks New Era MLB Authentic Collection 59FIFTY Cap

hvmY186.png

29 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The fact that most don't is what makes the Orioles and Blue Jays look so fantastic. 

Exceptions that should never be the rule. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

Yeah but what teams like these caps all year round or at least with there alt jersey

these would make great cap all year around

Seattle Mariners New Era MLB Batting Practice Prolight 59FIFTY Cap

That’s a stylized monogram, so it doesn’t count. Also, we’d be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you used proper grammar and punctuation, while also halting your obsession with that Rays cap. It’s not particularly good-looking, and I’d rather the team employed a more “interesting” TB insignia. Heck, stick the “ray of light” on the TB, and we’d have something.

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That’s a stylized monogram, so it doesn’t count. Also, we’d be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you used proper grammar and punctuation, while also halting your obsession with that Rays cap. It’s not particularly good-looking, and I’d rather the team employed a more “interesting” TB insignia. Heck, stick the “ray of light” on the TB, and we’d have something.

Well maybe teams should use more logos, maybe not for regular caps but maybe for alternate  cap

hvmY186.png

On 4/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, OnWis97 said:

Put me in the camp that the Rays should be one or the other.   Names bring images to mind...yes, some of the old-school names like Athletics don't really mean much of anything, but for the most part, they mean one thing.  Should the Chiefs have an arrowhead on their helmet and a police badge (i.e., "police chiefs") on the sleeves?  Maybe the Milwaukee Bucks can keep the deer logo but be the Milwaukee Buck$ and promote themselves as named after dear and money.  People love money. Maybe the Clippers should bring back the shorts with the sails on one leg but add barber sheers to the other.

I actually am not convinced any of those ideas is significantly worse than the Rays adding that ray of light.  I suppose the Clippers one is.

If the Chiefs started wearing a police badge on top of the arrowhead, let me give you a heads up....

a heck of a lot more people will riot over the police imagery over the Native American imagery.

that’s sad. 

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

24 minutes ago, tubby34 said:

If the Chiefs started wearing a police badge on top of the arrowhead, let me give you a heads up....

a heck of a lot more people will riot over the police imagery over the Native American imagery.

that’s sad. 

0 people are rioting against the Chief's use of NA imagery so it only takes 1 to make you right.

20 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I like the Pirates, I love their look (white and grey are easily top five) and absolutely love old school uniforms but these shouldn't be a once a week uniform. Unpopular?

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Should be the other way around, black jerseys with yellow pants, and even then more sparingly than once a week.

It should be just the pillbox cap as an alternate cap, not the whole mess of a uniform. If they need a retro alternate for full-time use, the 1971 uniforms or the 1960s vests would be fantastic options.

Archived