ANGELCAT-IDA61

MLB changes 2018?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Brewers have yet to wear their navy ball in glove Milwaukee alt and cap this season. 

Good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side by side photo from the show 18. I personally like it better with standard Blue road hat-

 

Yo6ayOv.jpgimwgTEM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bowld said:

Side by side photo from the show 18. I personally like it better with standard Blue road hat-

 

Yo6ayOv.jpgimwgTEM.jpg

 

We've seen them wear their road cap with the navy patriotic jerseys already. 

 

Some people don't like a lighter colored cap with a darker colored jersey. I think it looks great here, especially with the navy brim. Perfect, distinct look for the Nats.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

It seems like the Brewers have been wearing the M logo for the most part from what I've seen. I wonder if they're doing that because they promoted that logo to the primary.

 

I'd tend to doubt it.  They've already worn the throwback alternates a couple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, WSU151 said:

The angle of the script, which has been discussed a lot, is the only weird thing about these jerseys. But the script is a billion times better than the W, especially when the sleeve patch on all the jerseys is a W in a roundel.

 

Agreed on both points. For some reason, both beltway teams have issues with their scripts and angles. The Baltimore road script had this same problem the first year, then the Orioles just tilted it clockwise, putting the letters on an awkward angle. A random message board slob working on a freeware photo editor can fix both of these teams' script issues in about 20 minutes, yet two major league franchises can't fix this. Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If wearing a colored jersey, the crown of the cap should match.  

 

The brim can either match the crown (OK in 100% of situations) or match the chest lettering color (OK in most situations.)

 

In this case, the chest lettering should be red, and then the navy crown / red bill cap would be fine.  The numbers could be either red or white.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, coco1997 said:

White Sox and A's wearing 1968 throwbacks April 17th.

 

Dab99eiVMAAVpZP.jpg:large

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Navy socks would make that Nats uni a whole lot better. It looks so unbalanced with a light cap and socks but a dark jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

It seems like the Brewers have been wearing the M logo for the most part from what I've seen. I wonder if they're doing that because they promoted that logo to the primary.

If they feel they have to keep the navy and yellow ball in glove logo and look then I like the thought of it being just the spring training look. Along with keeping the royal blue ball in glove as a Friday home alternate only and then just using the M logo for everything else at least organizes their multiple styles a little better and designates their designs to specific uses. Muddles it a little less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, coco1997 said:

White Sox and A's wearing 1968 throwbacks April 17th.

 

Dab99eiVMAAVpZP.jpg:large

 

 

10 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

 

I'm going to assume the White Sox know what uniforms they wore in 1968 (particularly since the uniform in the second post includes a 1968-specific patch).  However, Dressed To The Nines says the 1968 road uniform was powder blue . . . with the patch.

 

al_1968_chicago.gif

 

The following uniforms are also listed online as game-worn 1968 jerseys.

 

5218b1ad47cf0dd6a86bf5879fe9b982.jpg7199_01_lg.jpg1968-hoyt-wilhelm-chicago-white-sox-game

 

The grey road uniforms arrived in 1969 . . . with a white script wordmark and number.

 

al_1969_chicago.gif

4e904da5cfcc015b7cf8344fa287a67e.jpg0b50e4c48f4ba2451e5d9a16575969eb--chicag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

 

Also, upon a second look at this post, the wordmark, number and patch look black in these pictures.  They appear to match the black background. That would definitely be incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's powder blue (just awful lighting that makes it look gray). The closeup of the sleeve definitely shows a more bluish hue than the full jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

 

Agreed on both points. For some reason, both beltway teams have issues with their scripts and angles. The Baltimore road script had this same problem the first year, then the Orioles just tilted it clockwise, putting the letters on an awkward angle. A random message board slob working on a freeware photo editor can fix both of these teams' script issues in about 20 minutes, yet two major league franchises can't fix this. Insane.

And I can prove it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lighting in that jersey closeup is terrible... the promo pic from the A's shows that its a powder blue jersey and Navy wordmark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shstpt1 said:

The lighting in that jersey closeup is terrible... the promo pic from the A's shows that its a powder blue jersey and Navy wordmark. 

 

Are you sure it's just the lighting?  I hope you're right, but I can't imagine that lighting alone could make the bright powder blue look grey (though I could see it perhaps making dark royal/navy blue look black).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

 

Are you sure it's just the lighting?  I hope you're right, but I can't imagine that lighting alone could make the bright powder blue look grey (though I could see it perhaps making dark royal/navy blue look black).

 

Pretty sure. The white in the White Sox logo behind the jersey looks yellowish. Also, compare the jersey color to the outline on the "SOX". Its definitely a blue color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, jgiff17 said:

The script is very weird. Why not just leave the number off and make the script straight? 

Not just the angle, but the thing that really gets me on their script is all the sharp angles between letters.  It just seems odd to me with the loopy, curly W, how they have the straight lines connecting the letters, especially the a-t-i-o, and the a-l.  If they were curvy like the hat logo, I think it would be a lot better.

 

1814_washington_nationals-jersey-2018.pn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

 

Are you sure it's just the lighting?  I hope you're right, but I can't imagine that lighting alone could make the bright powder blue look grey (though I could see it perhaps making dark royal/navy blue look black).

A simple adjustment of the brightness and warmth of the image reveals the jersey is indeed light blue with navy lettering.

 

IMG_20180413_134313_585.jpg?format=2500w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think it's powder blue (just awful lighting that makes it look gray). The closeup of the sleeve definitely shows a more bluish hue than the full jersey. 

 

I think it's also a filter used as well. There's a lot of weird hue things going on in this picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all makes me feel much better.  I was hoping the White Sox didn't find a way to screw up something so simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now