MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I think the O's current road script looks great compared to version 1.0. It kind of went over my head in a thought that they changed in to compliment the new-school cartoon bird. That being said, looking at the original version in the final years of mediocrity:

pitcher-koji-uehara-of-the-baltimore-ori

Looking at this now seems so strange, compared to the newer script:

manny-machado_humce4bqkh3s102kmyzkrzocy.

Tilted? Yes. I'll acknowledge that. To me, it just feels like maybe the first time around, the thought was that the signature underline reached too far down. If that's the case, I agree. Makes for a cleaner look.

I'd prefer they went with this

8117aeviPZL._SX463_.jpg

The Phils aren't having much luck with the raised "P" on the helmets. Nick Williams had a tilted one the other night, then today Odubel Herrera lost his completely. :lol:

Da1xvIIWkAAdt2R.jpg

Mods to the rescue!!!!

(Only 1 post apiece didn't reference uniforms.. Wasn't very "off track")

But back to the discussion, these "raised" decals should always be produced to the same specs as the standard decals, so they can be placed directly onto the standard decals for situations like this.. Make them slightly less raised, since they'd be slightly elevated on the standard decal, and you end up with the same finished look.. They've proven to be less durable, so having a backup plan built in would be wise at this point..

7 minutes ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

Rays of sunshine. When the idiots changed the name they made it clear it had nothing to do with the animal anymore.

Which is especially fun with the actual animal ray STILL on the sleeve along with the ray of sunshine.. They're essentially the Padres-East.. With no idea who they are or who they want to be

46 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Their previous uniform when they were the devils rays, just said RAYS and had a devil ray on the sleeve too.

So yea who cares.

Not a single uniform they wore in 2007 said ‘Rays’ and had a devil ray on the sleeve. They had two road unis that had ‘Tampa Bay’ on the chest and a devil ray on the sleeve. They also had a white with Rays and a devil ray on the chest and a green alternate with ‘TB’ and a ray on the left chest. If only these boards were linked to a site that showed a teams uniform history....

51 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Not a single uniform they wore in 2007 said ‘Rays’ and had a devil ray on the sleeve. They had two road unis that had ‘Tampa Bay’ on the chest and a devil ray on the sleeve. They also had a white with Rays and a devil ray on the chest and a green alternate with ‘TB’ and a ray on the left chest. If only these boards were linked to a site that showed a teams uniform history....

I think he was referring to this, which I think was originally worn with the first green set (2001-2005) as an alternate, then became the main home uniform from 2005-2007, at some point during which time they took the ray off the sleeve.

52446921.0.0.jpg

The sportslogos.net database actually isn’t much help here, as it shows the 2005-2007 sleeveless home uniform with the ray on the sleeve, but it was definitely worn without it at some point.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived