Football Fields with Baseball Diamonds

ltjets21

metro16_top.jpg

To me this is the ultimate mess when it came to multi purpose stadiums. In fact I barely even consider this place a complete stadium. It's just a bunch of high risers randomly thrown out into a field. Look how fat the seats are from the action. Nothing fits with anything else. Everything is off center and so far apart

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To come back to where this thread started, here's another view of the Astrodome --

astrodome-football.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Agreed.  That stadium for NYC FC was supposed to be long done by now.  Guess that they are still having a tough time finding the proper location.

Land in NYC is scarce, and politics in NYC are dysfunctional (maybe the two greatest understatements of the century). I can't say I'm surprised it's taken this long.

The various parking lots and/or the chop shops in Willets Point seem painfully obvious to me, but that's held up in political wrangling involving the Mets, Islanders, various developers, etc. It's very unfortunate.

3 hours ago, njdevs7 said:
On 9/22/2017 at 11:07 PM, WissX said:

Baseball to Football

Image result for miller park soccer

This setup is way better than NYCFC. Most seats in this are actually decent besides right field. Although this field does look VERY small

The most natural configuration for a soccer pitch in a baseball stadium is with one of the corners near home plate.  

Fenway Park
Image result for soccer fenway park

Dodger Stadium

Dodger-Stadium-soccer.jpg

Busch Stadium

Image result for soccer busch stadium

Wrigley Field

Image result for soccer wrigley field

But the Yankees refuse to do it that way at the Stadium, opting instead for the somewhat awkward configuration across the outfield.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 9/20/2017 at 3:59 AM, Ben in LA said:

I couldn't really find high quality pictures (I'm on my iPad), but...

IMG_6952.JPG

IMG_6953.JPG

IMG_6954.JPG

Notice they had the football field in two different configurations. That last photo HAS to be after the A's season was over, while the first one was most likely during football's pre-season.

I used to work for the Raiders in a small capacity but I learned that they did have two configurations for football prior to the Raiders moving to LA and ultimately coming back when Mt. Davis was built. The field ran from home plate to center field during the A's season and then 1st to 3rd once the A's were done. Season ticket holders had two different seat locations based on the the configuration to try and get them similar angles. Not entirely related, but because of the shared stadium in the 2013 season, the A's potential playoff schedule almost caused a lot of trouble for a Raiders/Chargers game early in the season. There were talks of moving the Raiders game from Sunday afternoon to be a regional Monday Night game or even switching home games with the Chargers that season but ultimately they A's schedule allowed just enough time for both games to go on as planned.

SEAsig.png

6 hours ago, insert name said:

Could football have been a possibility at the old Yankee Stadium with its most recent configuration? 

E8184DD3-2782-4DFC-848F-0AD43E1A8500.jpeg

Scroll down to "rebuilt Yankee Stadium" to see the results of all football games at the renovated stadium.  Most involve Grambling.  Last game was in 1987.

http://www.luckyshow.org/football/ys.htm

Football wasn't a possibility at the old Yankee Stadium after they moved the fences in in 1988 (creating the 318-399-408-385-314 dimensions that lasted until the park closed). There wasn't enough space to fit a football field. Hence why the Yankees ceased hosting the Urban League Classic, which moved to Giants Stadium starting in 1988.

When tecmo super bowl had the baseball fields for the first part of the season I thought it was the greatest most authentic thing ever. I always played as one of the teams with a baseball field during franchise mode or whatever it was back in the day. 

1 minute ago, jgiff17 said:

When tecmo super bowl had the baseball fields for the first part of the season I thought it was the greatest most authentic thing ever. I always played as one of the teams with a baseball field during franchise mode or whatever it was back in the day. 

And to this day, Madden doesnt bother adding the diamond to the coliseum

9 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I feel like in older madden editions some of the multipurpose stadiums had the diamonds if playing season mode or something.

They did. I always liked playing with the baseball diamond. 

XM4KeeA.png

42 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

What a complete and utter bastardization of Nepal's flag. Gross.

What do you expect?  The two little points on the official flag probably can't support the weight of the bar at the bottom of each flag. This is really on Nepal.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 minutes ago, leopard88 said:
55 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

What a complete and utter bastardization of Nepal's flag. Gross.

What do you expect?  The two little points on the official flag probably can't support the weight of the bar at the bottom of each flag. This is really on Nepal.

Right.  Unless he was referring to the fact that the symbols in the red field should be white, not black.

But creating a rectangular version of the only flag in the world that is not rectangular seems reasonable.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived