Football Fields with Baseball Diamonds

ltjets21

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Right.  Unless he was referring to the fact that the symbols in the red field should be white, not black.

But creating a rectangular version of the only flag in the world that is not rectangular seems reasonable.

I think the symbols on the red field are white, they just appear darker because they're sewn on top of a colored field and the lighting/shade are throwing things off (same effect on the flags of the Netherlands Antilles, Nauru, and Namibia nearby, and Pakistan over to the left)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Right.  Unless he was referring to the fact that the symbols in the red field should be white, not black.

But creating a rectangular version of the only flag in the world that is not rectangular seems reasonable.

I think the symbols on the red field are white, they just appear darker because they're sewn on top of a colored field and the lighting/shade are throwing things off (same effect on the flags of the Netherlands Antilles, Nauru, and Namibia nearby, and Pakistan over to the left)

Ah, right you are.  Good catch on that.

So, then, what's the problem with using a rectangular version?  You'll note also that all the flags have the same dimensions, despite the fact that some flags' official versions are in the ratio 2:3, some are in the ratio 1:2, and some are in other ratios.  I'd say that both of these adjustments represent standardisations that are within reasonable bounds.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

From football fields with baseball diamonds to Nepal's flag!

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

On September 30, 2017 at 12:40 PM, insert name said:

Could football have been a possibility at the old Yankee Stadium with its most recent configuration? 

E8184DD3-2782-4DFC-848F-0AD43E1A8500.jpeg

The asymmetry of old yankee stadiums outfield stands drives me nuts.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:40 AM, insert name said:

Could football have been a possibility at the old Yankee Stadium with its most recent configuration? 

E8184DD3-2782-4DFC-848F-0AD43E1A8500.jpeg

Its almost like Yankee stadium fits two baseball fields with the left field stand configuration

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2017 at 12:55 PM, ltjets21 said:

Watching the Jets play in Oakland yesterday made me think of the different placings of the baseball diamond in different stadiums. Would like to gather a bunch of pictures of all the different set ups depending on stadium.

1972-Astrodome-079116117.jpg

oldinterior.jpg

At the Astrodome, what was put on the field where the dugouts were?  Was that just a rubber mat laid over concrete?

Denver Minnesota Oakland have to be the best setups I’ve seen. I understand the growth of the nfl made mount Davis happen but in the photos it looks like they pushed the field out from the other part of the stadium which looked to be the best seats in most stadiums at that time with how close to the action you were. The simple temp seats on the sideline of an nfl stadium just doesn’t cut it in this generation. 

Denver Minnesota Oakland have to be the best setups I’ve seen. I understand the growth of the nfl made mount Davis happen but in the photos it looks like they pushed the field out from the other part of the stadium which looked to be the best seats in most stadiums at that time with how close to the action you were. The simple temp seats on the sideline of an nfl stadium just doesn’t cut it in this generation. Looking at more pics Oakland could have easily made a connecting piece that continued the same design of the stadium that wasn’t crazy but retracted back and forth like the Denver one. That way the view would still be there and there would be more seats but all without the crazy orice tag and without the height. 

On 9/20/2017 at 11:11 AM, eriqjaffe said:

Here's Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati...

And more recently, here's NIU playing a home game at Guaranteed Rate Field.  I think it was the first event the park hosted after the name change - there's no other signage visible in the park, but check out the top of the third base dugout:

ct-northern-illinois-toledo-sox-park-spt

had no idea this happened. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

30 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

had no idea this happened. 

I'm guessing that players, friends, family and the other 785 people in attendance were the only ones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 9/20/2017 at 10:11 AM, eriqjaffe said:

And more recently, here's NIU playing a home game at Guaranteed Rate Field.  I think it was the first event the park hosted after the name change - there's no other signage visible in the park, but check out the top of the third base dugout:

ct-northern-illinois-toledo-sox-park-spt

*-Comiskey Park.

Of all ridiculous naming rights wrong, this is the worst. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Can’t find any pic’s other than this media guide but apparently in 1983, the California Angels jumped north to play the Edmonton Trappers at Commonwealth Stadium.

83edmtra-angels-5-16-229x300.png

Edmonton won in front of a crowd of over 24,000.

Hard to see how the field was actually laid out, but you can see the makeshift outfield wall on this black and white picture.

tumblr_inline_pjzy8wZ3Y01qj0noh_500.jpg

6 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Can’t find any pic’s other than this media guide but apparently in 1983, the California Angels jumped north to play the Edmonton Trappers at Commonwealth Stadium.

83edmtra-angels-5-16-229x300.png

Edmonton won in front of a crowd of over 24,000.

As an Angels fan who is in Edmonton for school, I'd love for that to still be a thing.

Also as an Angels fan who is in Edmonton for school and is from Calgary, I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of this.

IbjBaeE.png

On 9/18/2017 at 2:30 PM, AstroBull21 said:

I wondered how the renovated stadium would look and I have to say that they did a pretty good job overhauling the place.

Except those light standards... their placement is very odd seeing as it blocks views of both the scoreboard and from any of the currently unusued seats behind them. 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:47 AM, SFGiants58 said:

IDK, I like that they stopped honoring the man whose cheapness caused the Black Sox scandal.

But they did that in 2003 when they signed the deal with U.S. Cellular, although it had been kind of weird the last few years since U.S. Cellular hasn't served the Chicago market since 2012.

The biggest problem with Guaranteed Rate is the down arrow logo, which is just kind of embarrassing imagery for a sports team.

Archived