andyfootball67

College Football Circle Logos

Recently I enrolled in a Graphic Design program in college and was in design class when I had the idea to create circle logos. I started with Vanderbilt  nothing else really just the logo C&C welcome as well as request for the next logo.

Vanderbilt Circle logo.jpg

It's a fun exercise, but seems a little backwards to try and shoe horn existing logos into a circle shape.  As you continue, I'd use the circle as a guide, but don't let it restrict you.  Don't be afraid to think outside the ring if you will.

As for the Vanderbilt logo, I think you're on to something here.  A couple suggestions that could help refine:

1) It looks like you've used different spacing between the letters of "Vanderbilt University" and "Commodores".  Even those out so they match.  Maybe use the star on each side to provide separation between the two lines of text.

2) The Est. 1873 text is just too small.  If it doesn't fit bigger there, either move it or lose it.

3) The big white V seems a little forced.  I'd see what it looks like as a background element or try to fully integrate it into the anchor (bottom of the anchor is already kinda v-shaped).

Anyways, good start, would love to see it refined!

Southern California please!

1 minute ago, andyfootball67 said:

TCU is up I tried to keep it very Fort Worth-y while making it modern

TCUCIRCLE.jpg

I like the overall look, but I think one of the frogs needs to go. One or the other.

I would've preferred to see the sublimated frog in the background than the dark one in the front. Kinda makes the frog look like it's overlooking the city.

1 minute ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I would've preferred to see the sublimated frog in the background than the dark one in the front. Kinda makes the frog look like it's overlooking the city.

valid point