buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

Recommended Posts

If the Cavs keep playing like this and take a first- or second-round exit from the playoffs, the "effort" (combined with the one title and, I hope, no "The Decision") should make people much more forgiving when LeBron leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gary. said:

Eric Bledsoe to the Bucks for Greg Monroe and a first and second round pick going to the Suns

 

Woah, this is a great move for the Bucks, right? 

 

Giannis and Bledsoe? That's a pretty dangerous punch in the :censored: ass East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a huge Corey Brewer fan, but he's kind of a zero as a pro. A shooter ought to be able to shoot, and Brewer simply can't anymore. It looks like it's over for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 in a row now for celtics. But with Horford & Tatum hurt, it may be coming to end soon. As all streaks do. 

 

Can we also officially say Lonzo Ball is a Lonzo Bust now? I'm sorry but the kid is trash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Can we also officially say Lonzo Ball is a Lonzo Bust now? I'm sorry but the kid is trash. 

What the hell?  He's been actually pretty solid so far; his shot can be streaky, but his main role should be facilitator and he's done a good job of getting his teammates involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kaz said:

What the hell?  He's been actually pretty solid so far; his shot can be streaky, but his main role should be facilitator and he's done a good job of getting his teammates involved.

39-132 FG (29.5%) -Worst in NBA
12-52 3FG (23.1%)
7-13 FT (53.8%)
8.8 Pts/Game

6.4 Reb/game

 

"Solid". 

Yeah, as solid as wet toilet paper. 

I remember him being hyped up as the "next Magic Johnson", how he was going to lead the Lakers in a New "showtime" era. The media is still slurping him too. 

It certainly doesn't help that his family are a bunch of wannabe Kardashians. His brother just got arrested in China for shoplifting, fyi. 

But I digress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo had 4 blocks tonight, including a nice chasedown of Kyrie late. He's generally good on defense, has a decided size advantage over other point guards, is good for about 4-7 rebounds a night, and gets everyone involved.

 

However, he can't shoot. And he'll never be great until he does. Lonzo at 15 PPG would be devastating, because that assumes his shots are respected and thus opening space for the other players.

 

Lonzo still has the potential to be great. Jason Kidd turned it around, and Lonzo can too.

 

Also, these baby Lakers are 5-6 and took the Celtics to the very end on the road. Brewer stinks and Nance is out. Flip that, and maybe things are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtics were essentially playing their 3rd stringers by the end. Horford was out with a Concussion & Tatum was taken out halfway through after hurting his ankle. 

Sorry, but I'm not going to give Lonzo & the Lakers "credit for trying" when that's that Celtics team they were playing. 

 

You can sugar coat it however you like, but fact is Lonzo has been straight garbage. The stats don't lie. 

Sure it's still early and maybe he can turn it around, but you expect better from a guy taken #2, especially with all the hype he received. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtics with 11 straight! Without Horford & Now no Kyrie. On top of being down 18. 

Tatum's been in the league a month but the kid doesn't "need a minute", he just steps up. Like he did tonight, and like he has since day 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 10:13 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Celtics were essentially playing their 3rd stringers by the end. Horford was out with a Concussion & Tatum was taken out halfway through after hurting his ankle. 

Sorry, but I'm not going to give Lonzo & the Lakers "credit for trying" when that's that Celtics team they were playing. 

 

You can sugar coat it however you like, but fact is Lonzo has been straight garbage. The stats don't lie. 

Sure it's still early and maybe he can turn it around, but you expect better from a guy taken #2, especially with all the hype he received. 

 

 

 

 

No, he hasn't. His shot has been garbage, literally everything else in his game has been fantastic. The stats don't lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

No, he hasn't. His shot has been garbage, literally everything else in his game has been fantastic. The stats don't lie.

And his stats show he has been garbage. LOL Why are people even trying to dispute this? 

For someone taken #2 in the draft, he should at least know how to shoot a basketball. 

I've never seen people reach so far to credit a guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god, the level of ignorance is insane. 

 

Lonzo is 3rd in the league for rebounds/game by a guard.

 

Lonzo is 7th in assists/game by a guard.

 

Lonzo is 3rd in blocks/game by a guard. 

 

Lonzo is 28th in steals/game by a guard.

 

*Please note that this among ALL guards (the 1, the 2 and the point forwards like Simmons), regardless of experience. 

 

Literally Lonzo’s been among the best in in the NBA in every category other than scoring. Only his shooting is atrocious. Everything else has been great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-32 for the season, team has been 5+ points per 100 better with him off the court
8.9 PER, 35% TS. 

He's on pace to be the single worst shooting basketball player of all time in the NBA. That is a BIG deal. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

My god, the level of ignorance is insane. 

 

Lonzo is 3rd in the league for rebounds/game by a guard.

 

Lonzo is 7th in assists/game by a guard.

 

Lonzo is 3rd in blocks/game by a guard. 

 

Lonzo is 28th in steals/game by a guard.

 

*Please note that this among ALL guards (the 1, the 2 and the point forwards like Simmons), regardless of experience. 

 

Literally Lonzo’s been among the best in in the NBA in every category other than scoring. Only his shooting is atrocious. Everything else has been great. 

 

If you view the sports world through a Boston lens, there's a lot you can't see.

 

Lonzo is a garbage shooter. But he's doing everything else very, very well and his teammates clearly like him way more than they did D'Lo. Lonzo will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:o I am totally shocked it took this long to resort to the "Boston" excuse. 

Fact is, There's plenty of people outside of LA laughing at Lonzo.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes we have the reputations we've earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 12:12 AM, Bucfan56 said:

 

Woah, this is a great move for the Bucks, right? 

 

Giannis and Bledsoe? That's a pretty dangerous punch in the :censored: ass East. 

Looking pretty good now. Was sad that we had to let Monroe go, but it looks like 6 and 34 have instant chemistry. It's going to be fun watching this team the rest of the year. Unlike Cavs fans, gotta wait 10 games into this to start thinking a possible Finals run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that garbage Lonzo Ball became the youngest player to ever have a triple-double, with a 19 (7 of 12), 13 and 11. 

 

What an awful player. Only missed 5 shots, didn't get 20 points (what a scrub) and had a +10. Lonzo Bust, ammirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now