NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Man, that garbage Lonzo Ball became the youngest player to ever have a triple-double, with a 19 (7 of 12), 13 and 11. 

What an awful player. Only missed 5 shots, didn't get 20 points (what a scrub) and had a +10. Lonzo Bust, ammirite?

Wow, way to peak way too early, young man. All downhill from here. Sad. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I know you're a troll poster, but Lonzo's night was 19 points on 7-12 shooting (3-5 from 3), 12 rebounds, 13 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and 4 turnovers. That's one good night, yes, but if he does that consistently that's all-star level if not better. And given his size advantage over other guards and his pass-first mentality, there's no reason his scoring can't catch up to the rest of his game.

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. 

Fact is, the only thing Lonzo has managed to do consistently is lower his FG%. I'm not going celebrate that he had 1 good game when he's still the worst shooter in the NBA. Until he learns how to shoot competently he's never going to be that "all star" player. 

He's no "Aaron Judge" where he's record breakingly bad in 1 stat, but ludicrously good in near everything else to make up for it. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

4 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. 

Fact is, the only thing Lonzo has managed to do consistently is lower his FG%. I'm not going celebrate that he had 1 good game when he's still the worst shooter in the NBA. Until he learns how to shoot competently he's never going to be that "all star" player. 

He's no "Aaron Judge" where he's record breakingly bad in 1 stat, but ludicrously good in near everything else to make up for it. 

Funny you should use a guy who hit .179 through his first 27 games as your example of a great player here considering how quickly you're labeling Ball a bust. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Sometimes I wonder, why on the highest considered level basketball league with all the possible shooting and what-not coaches, they don't try to fix the players' clearly flawed shooting technique. Didn't do that with Marion and are not doing it with Lonzo, who's only 19 years old.

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Funny you should use a guy who hit .179 through his first 27 games as your example of a great player here considering how quickly you're labeling Ball a bust. 

You, as is everyone else, are severely downplaying how historically bad Lonzo's shooting is. 

At least when Judge was setting records on striking out, he was also setting records in HR. 

Ball has been so bad his team has done better when he's on the bench. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

You, as is everyone else, are severely downplaying how historically bad Lonzo's shooting is. 

At least when Judge was setting records on striking out, he was also setting records in HR. 

Ball has been so bad his team has done better when he's on the bench. 

I'm saying that in his first 27 games at the tail end of the 2016 season, Judge was also really, really bad. Relax, it's still early.  I don't even want the kid to be any good. 

IUe6Hvh.png

4 minutes ago, See Red said:

I'm saying that in his first 27 games at the tail end of the 2016 season, Judge was also really, really bad. Relax, it's still early.  I don't even want the kid to be any good. 

Sure, maybe he'll get better, but that doesn't excuse his historically bad shooting. You expected better from someone taken #2, especially with all they hype he received. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

6 hours ago, truepg said:

Sometimes I wonder, why on the highest considered level basketball league with all the possible shooting and what-not coaches, they don't try to fix the players' clearly flawed shooting technique. Didn't do that with Marion and are not doing it with Lonzo, who's only 19 years old.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think (from my understanding of the situation anyway, which mostly comes from reading headlines :P) that the Lakers do want to fix his shooting form, and that LaVar is having none of it. 

spacer.png

Brad Stevens is the Bill Belichick of the NBA (ok maybe not, but close). 

This Celtics team is also gritty as :censored:. 

Warriors-Celtics game on Thursday should be one to watch if everyone is healthy. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

It's time to play "Foul or No Foul?", starring Dion Waiters:

Gobert's the second Jazz player to miss significant time due to a questionable play. Dante Exum is out indefinitely (probably for the season) due to Phoenix's TJ Warren landing on him in the preseason.

Might want to keep an eye on him, NBA, and you might want all players and staff to carry a rabbit's foot or two, Utah.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

To be totally honest, I don’t think the Waiters collision was anything malicious. It looked to me like he was off-balance and fell, and Rudy was just unfortunately at the wrong place/wrong time. 

Sucks that Rudy’s out (looks like that wretched injury bug hates the Jazz again), but I give Waiters a pass. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

It was cool/interesting to see the Knicks/Cavs form a beef powerful enough that MSG was louder than I've heard it in years.  Knicks still did Knick things, but it was cool to see.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

"Donovan Mitchell's going to be good, Donovan Mitchell's going to be good..."

VvZGWxoV3eO9-ur-jgPIe8CPZzU=.gif

I keep telling myself that too, haha. I’m really not sure they’re making the playoffs if the offense stays this bad, so he’s about the only thing I’m letting myself look forward to. Everything else is just bad.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So, the Sixers co-owner wrote a letter to the judge that sentenced Meek Mill, pleading for the sentence to be reduced.

Also, the team was fully planning to wear black bands on their jerseys to protest the sentence, but the league blocked it.

LOL - it's freaking Meek Mill. There was a rally in support of him here, and some of the Eagles, other rappers, and DR FREAKING J showed up to protest his incarceration.  I have no idea what he did, but man people are pissed.

I wonder if that jersey tribute would have been the first of its kind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived