NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

Me to the Jazz offense:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Me to the Jazz offense:

giphy.gif

"Donovan Mitchell's going to be good, Donovan Mitchell's going to be good..."

VvZGWxoV3eO9-ur-jgPIe8CPZzU=.gif

It was cool/interesting to see the Knicks/Cavs form a beef powerful enough that MSG was louder than I've heard it in years.  Knicks still did Knick things, but it was cool to see.

5 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

"Donovan Mitchell's going to be good, Donovan Mitchell's going to be good..."

VvZGWxoV3eO9-ur-jgPIe8CPZzU=.gif

I keep telling myself that too, haha. I’m really not sure they’re making the playoffs if the offense stays this bad, so he’s about the only thing I’m letting myself look forward to. Everything else is just bad.

So, the Sixers co-owner wrote a letter to the judge that sentenced Meek Mill, pleading for the sentence to be reduced.

Also, the team was fully planning to wear black bands on their jerseys to protest the sentence, but the league blocked it.

LOL - it's freaking Meek Mill. There was a rally in support of him here, and some of the Eagles, other rappers, and DR FREAKING J showed up to protest his incarceration.  I have no idea what he did, but man people are pissed.

I wonder if that jersey tribute would have been the first of its kind.

Celtics get win #13 in a row. 

Warriors vs. Celtics on Thursday should be something to see. One team's streak is coming to an end. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So, the Sixers co-owner wrote a letter to the judge that sentenced Meek Mill, pleading for the sentence to be reduced.

Also, the team was fully planning to wear black bands on their jerseys to protest the sentence, but the league blocked it.

LOL - it's freaking Meek Mill. There was a rally in support of him here, and some of the Eagles, other rappers, and DR FREAKING J showed up to protest his incarceration.  I have no idea what he did, but man people are pissed.

I wonder if that jersey tribute would have been the first of its kind.

Has a team in any sport ever had a uniform protest for the incarceration of someone?

If Embiid stays healthy he'll be the greatest player of all time. Or at least the most-skilled center Olajuwon.

Ingram finding his game this season his been a lot of fun. He throws himself at the basket and at other players and the ball tends to go in the hoop.

Lonzo had one of those games :(

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Rumors say They’re giving Robert Covington an extension for like $20M/year - wtf is he that good? 

NBA front office spending since the new TV deal:

well rumors were wrong I guess.  I heard something about possibly a max contract, which I thought was strange because they arleady have one guy on a max and will have two once simmons' first deal is up

Little baby Celtics just beat the defending champs AND kept them >90 points.

in.

a.

row.

God damn that's some basketball. 

Just an awesome game all around. 

"The Celtics still haven't beat a formidable opponent, they wont keep this up for long" 

"There's no way they'll be able to beat a team like the Warriors, let alone keep them under 100 points lol"

"Charles Barkley makes good predictions."

You were saying?

This team may never lose again. like ever.

I don't care who you are, or what team you are a fan of, Barkley saying the Celtics "wouldn't beat the GSWCavs/Toronto and would be like a 4th seed" has the be the most idiotic thing anyone has said this season. 

The greatest team of all time -- the 2017-18 Philadelphia Sixers -- put up 47 in the first quarter against the Warriors today. 

Golden State has looked just a little bit tired this season, and, when on, the Sixers are terrifying. They'll be more terrifying with LeBron next year.

Also, watching this on the Warriors network. These guys are the homiest bunch of homers that ever homed. Even worse than Boston. 

Oh Jezus...76ers started 17/23 against GSW tonight.

And Lauren Holtkamp is working this game, so she'll eject someone on a whim.

Edited by dfwabel
added names

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

The greatest team of all time -- the 2017-18 Philadelphia Sixers -- put up 47 in the first quarter against the Warriors today. 

Golden State has looked just a little bit tired this season, and, when on, the Sixers are terrifying. They'll be more terrifying with LeBron next year.

Also, watching this on the Warriors network. These guys are the homiest bunch of homers that ever homed. Even worse than Boston. 

LOL - Warriors outscored Philly 41-15 in the third. 

EDIT: Sorry, it was 47-15. They eliminated a 24-point halftime deficit in a quarter. "A little bit tired" my ass.