NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

I missed the first three quarters of a competitive Spurs/Lakers game.

Brandon Ingram is a damn star. And fun Lonzo is really exciting to watch. I hope they don't lose everyone next year because some of the pieces are just so fun to watch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I missed the first three quarters of a competitive Spurs/Lakers game.

Brandon Ingram is a damn star. And fun Lonzo is really exciting to watch. I hope they don't lose everyone next year because some of the pieces are just so fun to watch.

Poor Luke Walton.

Fizdale v. Lavar Ball would be interesting.

They won't hire Fizdale because he didn't play for the Lakers.

But Luke did lose the locker room and they probably do need a change. LeBron James isn't going to play for Luke Walton.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They won't hire Fizdale because he didn't play for the Lakers.

But Luke did lose the locker room and they probably do need a change. LeBron James isn't going to play for Luke Walton.

At one time, they hired Rudy T. and he still was on staff there as a scout until the coup last summer.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

At this point I find myself not caring if the Jazz win or lose, I’m just enjoying the heck out of watching Donovan Mitchell play. 

Ditto.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think it's safe to say The League isn't as scared of The Cavs as they may have been before. 

Lebron is literally dragging this cold, husk of a team. Isaiah Thomas ain't gonna save them either. 

I know they've had their high & low points in past seasons before cruising their way the The Finals, but I don't think it happens this year. The East is a lot better than it has been before, and this is probably the weakest Cavs team since Lebron returned. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

13 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I think it's safe to say The League isn't as scared of The Cavs as they may have been before. 

Lebron is literally dragging this cold, husk of a team. Isaiah Thomas ain't gonna save them either. 

I know they've had their high & low points in past seasons before cruising their way the The Finals, but I don't think it happens this year. The East is a lot better than it has been before, and this is probably the weakest Cavs team since Lebron returned. 

Guys in the East all get mud butt when in a 7-game series with LeBron for the last seven seasons. There's no reason to think that will change via the level of play LeBron brings nightly. Ain't no back to backs then, son.

Unlike previous years, there's really no reason for any teams(espcially playoff teams) to be scared of The Cavs. 

That defense is an open court, and their offense begins & ends with Lebron. There's no "Big 3" or "Super Team" anymore with The Cavs. And Lebron is struggling to carry them even against mediocre teams. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

36 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Unlike previous years, there's really no reason for any teams(espcially playoff teams) to be scared of The Cavs. 

That defense is an open court, and their offense begins & ends with Lebron. There's no "Big 3" or "Super Team" anymore with The Cavs. And Lebron is struggling to carry them even against mediocre teams. 

Still the first to four, homeboy. First to four.

Plus, why are you, as a C's homer, satisfied with the 2nd place trophy as y'all ain't beating them?

While the TNT game had two offensive fouls in the last :20, for BOS to win, CLE is still the best chance to beat any West squad. Hell, MIA is now the 4 seed to illustrate that Filipino Jackson, Erik Spoelstra is legit as a HC.

But DG_Now's man, Waiters, now getting ankle surgery is further proof he can consistently make chicken salad.

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Still the first to four, homeboy. First to four.

Plus, why are you, as a C's homer, satisfied with the 2nd place trophy as y'all ain't beating them?

While the TNT game had two offensive fouls in the last :20, for BOS to win, CLE is still the best chance to beat any West squad. Hell, MIA is now the 4 seed to illustrate that Filipino Jackson, Erik Spoelstra is legit as a HC.

But DG_Now's man, Waiters, now getting ankle surgery is further proof he can consistently make chicken salad.

The Cavs will be lucky to force 6 games against anyone the way they are playing. They would get completely swept by just about any West team. 

Saying Boston isn't beating Cleveland is like saying Dubs aren't beating San Antonio.  

Phantom Merch Collector.

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Guys in the East all get mud butt when in a 7-game series with LeBron for the last seven seasons. There's no reason to think that will change via the level of play LeBron brings nightly. Ain't no back to backs then, son.

The Process doesn't fear Lebron.  Joel Embiid killed a lion with his bare hands at age 6.  Lebron is not a lion.  

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/12/joel-embiid-explains-how-he-killed-lion-child#/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I could honestly see them losing to Toronto, hell even Miami the way the Cavs are playing. 

I don't see how they could beat The Celtics either, I don't think it's that bias of a statement to say they are far & away a better team than Cleveland this year. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

LeBron made 7 Finals in a row. You don't think he's playing in second gear? Everyone on that team is playing not to get hurt. They know what's more important. (Everyone except Jae Crowder, who kind of stinks and should be traded with that Brooklyn pick for Boogie.)

Steph is also playing not to get hurt, except that he is. Also, Draymond kind of sucks this year. Durant's having the best season of his career, so it keeps everything together. The Warriors are still the best team, but a motivated Wolves, Rockets or Spurs team could beat them.

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Steph is also playing not to get hurt, except that he is. Also, Draymond kind of sucks this year. Durant's having the best season of his career, so it keeps everything together. The Warriors are still the best team, but a motivated Wolves, Rockets or Spurs team could beat them.

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

but a motivated Wolves, Rockets or Spurs team could beat them.

Most likely, Not. Rockets will never win anything with Harden. Dude is a shrinking violet come playoff time.

Archived