NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I guess thats why a guy 37th in total points and 19th in rebounds on a .500 team is starting the all star game

Go away. 

Joel Embiid is one of the best things to ever happen to the NBA. He’s thoroughly entertaining. 

And the fact you used total points/rebounds in an attempt to discredit Embiid’s selection is hilarious. Not every player plays the same number of games so statistics using the total number of something, are irrelevant. 

Embiid is 13th in PPG, and 6th in RPG, FYI. He deserves to be there. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And the fact you used total points/rebounds in an attempt to discredit Embiid’s selection is hilarious. Not every player plays the same number of games so statistics using the total number of something, are irrelevant. 

63 games in 3+ seasons

how is a player missing games irrelevant?

Embiid is the best center in the east. The biggest knock against him is that he doesn't play a full schedule.

I'm totally anti-process but I'm not an idiot. Embiid has great talent and is a game changer when he plays. And it's a GD exhibition.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

63 games in 3+ seasons

So? That pertains to this season how?

Embiid has played in over 70% of the Sixers’ games and done so at an elite level. 

Don’t really understand your argument here. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

18 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Embiid is the best center in the east. The biggest knock against him is that he doesn't play a full schedule.

I'm totally anti-process but I'm not an idiot. Embiid has great talent and is a game changer when he plays. And it's a GD exhibition.

And it's perfectly valid to say that Embiid is a fantastic talent but does not, on his own, transcend the other Process garbage that's likely to hold the Sixers back. Has anyone found Fultz's jumper yet?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

And it's perfectly valid to say that Embiid is a fantastic talent but does not, on his own, transcend the other Process garbage that's likely to hold the Sixers back. Has anyone found Fultz's jumper yet?

Like him, it's day-to-day for the next 3 years. 

Apparently the Knicks are interested in acquiring Kemba Walker from the Hornets. Kemba playing in NY would be a lot of fun, but I would hate to see Charlotte trade away it's best player since Baron Davis just because Rich Cho has utterly failed to build a complete team around him.

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Apparently the Knicks are interested in acquiring Kemba Walker from the Hornets. Kemba playing in NY would be a lot of fun, but I would hate to see Charlotte trade away it's best player since Baron Davis just because Rich Cho has utterly failed to build a complete team around him.

They kinda have to trade him, Batum, MKG, or Marvin Williams. The lack of "cap smoothing" hurt them badly, along with others as the 2016 free agency gave out insane contacts. Over half the league is facing a luxury tax bill next season.

You don't want to be a free agent this summer.

CLE gave up 148 to the Thunder!?!

Damn!

I turned it off after OKC got 76 in the first half.

Westbrook's 23/9/20 was was the Russ we expected all season.

Chauncey is gonna take the ESPN studio out tonight for drinks and laugh it up that he didn't take that GM gig.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:43 PM, OaklandIsBack said:

63 games in 3+ seasons

It's the all STAR game, not the all good-statistics game.  He's a star.  If you don't think he is, then that's your opinion.  It's a dumb one, but you're entitled to it.

Pro exhibitions suck as it is.  If you just went by who was having the best statistical years, they'd be unwatchable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kidd is out in Milwaukee.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22181757/milwaukee-bucks-fire-head-coach-jason-kidd

Hot take: Dumb move. He maximized the most out of a mediocre team with a superstar. The Bucks are going to struuuuuggle for the next couple of years. Could be the beginning of the end of Giannis in Milwaukee.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22181757/milwaukee-bucks-fire-head-coach-jason-kidd

Hot take: Dumb move. He maximized the most out of a mediocre team with a superstar. The Bucks are going to struuuuuggle for the next couple of years. Could be the beginning of the end of Giannis in Milwaukee.

Giannis-Parker-Brogden-Maker is a solid young core. The right pieces around that and a few vets could be a top 2-3 team in the East

18 hours ago, kimball said:

Agreed. He was a young coach, still sort of learning the ropes, but he was a good fit for a young, rising team. Seemed to have a good relationship with players. 

sig.png

Archived