NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it's official: Kevin Love and Jeff Green are mortal enemies - https://streamable.com/h0495

The post-career Kevin Love podcast and/or media venture is going to be great. He's really funny. If he were a Celtic or notaCav, he'd have his own recurring spot on the Ringer network by now.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Watching the NHL All-Star Game right now makes me wish the NBA would adopt the same tournament-style format. Split 24 players into four teams playing a full 12-minute game (no quarters), and the top two teams advance to the title game. Since their aren't four divisions like there are in the NHL, you could keep the fantasy draft in place and have four captains pick their teams. I think this would provide even more of an incentive for players to compete for bragging rights and it would make it more exciting for fans as well. 

Pistons get Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban, a first round pick and a 2019 second round pick.

I'm sort of torn on this. 

Part of me loves it because it finally gives us an identity. Drummond-Griffin front court t is scary. Plus, we've been treading water for almost 10 years. A shake up was in the works. 

The other part of me thinks we gave up waaaaay too much. If Blake was healthy and wasn't owed 170 million, sure. If we rid ourselves of Reggie Jackson, sure. But to give up Tobias AND Avery Bradley? Tobias has been our MVP, Bradley's defense will be missed, and who knows what those picks will turn out to be. Not that the Pistons know how to draft. 

sig.png

That's a really good haul for Blake. And a nice reset button for SVG.

Can Avery Bradley be traded again? Because DJ, Lou Williams and Avery for IT, TT and the Brooklyn pick would be worth it for the Cavs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If Griffin can stay healthy, the price for him is reasonable.  5-7 years of all-star ball is well worth what was given.  But that’s a big if. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's a really good haul for Blake. And a nice reset button for SVG.

Can Avery Bradley be traded again? Because DJ, Lou Williams and Avery for IT, TT and the Brooklyn pick would be worth it for the Cavs.

Bobby Marks said Bradley can be dealt again.

1 hour ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Sign a guy to a max deal then trade him 6 months later, same ol Clippers

I imagine lightsout is gathering his thoughts for a scorching hot post, can't wait

p.s. remember when the Clippers and Warriors were rivals lol

This "same ol Clippers" line that casuals like to repeat is very entertaining. In what universe did the old Clippers ever have a superstar max player to trade in the first place?

The best part is that this is clearly a Jerry West move. Make a shocking trade of a fan favorite player out of nowhere to trigger a rebuild. Sounds just like what he did with Monta Ellis back in Golden State! And when that trade happened the entire fanbase booed the owner out of his own building and completely ripped the trade, but it led to the team GS has now. Of course your average Warriors bandwagoner can't remember that far back, and the fans who booed like to pretend it didn't happen.

I don't know how this Blake deal will turn out, but clearly West has something bigger in mind. 

19 minutes ago, The Six said:

This "same ol Clippers" line that casuals like to repeat is very entertaining. In what universe did the old Clippers ever have a superstar max player to trade in the first place?

The best part is that this is clearly a Jerry West move. Make a shocking trade of a fan favorite player out of nowhere to trigger a rebuild. Sounds just like what he did with Monta Ellis back in Golden State! And when that trade happened the entire fanbase booed the owner out of his own building and completely ripped the trade, but it led to the team GS has now. Of course your average Warriors bandwagoner can't remember that far back, and the fans who booed like to pretend it didn't happen.

I don't know how this Blake deal will turn out, but clearly West has something bigger in mind. 

Yea, it's just strange that the Clippers are now without Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, but it's surprising to see how quickly this Clippers team has been dismantled.

Of course, I'm not going to be entirely surprised if the Jazz end up standing pat, like they do about 8/10 times, and let Rodney "Bubble Wrap" Hood and Derrick Favors (who are on expiring contracts) walk for nothing.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm pretty devastated about this trade, not going to lie. Blake took the worst franchise in sports and made them a winner. He deserved to be one of those guys who stayed with one team his whole career. To see him traded so suddenly for such an underwhelming return, just months after the front office made a big deal about his "legacy" to get him to re-sign, is just awful. There'd better be a damn good plan in place that we just don't know about yet, because right now, it makes no sense.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived