buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

Sign a guy to a max deal then trade him 6 months later, same ol Clippers

I imagine lightsout is gathering his thoughts for a scorching hot post, can't wait

p.s. remember when the Clippers and Warriors were rivals lol

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's a really good haul for Blake. And a nice reset button for SVG.

Can Avery Bradley be traded again? Because DJ, Lou Williams and Avery for IT, TT and the Brooklyn pick would be worth it for the Cavs.

Bobby Marks said Bradley can be dealt again.

55 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

How many titles the Jazz got?

Zero. But since we're on the same topic: How many do the Clippers have?

1 hour ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Sign a guy to a max deal then trade him 6 months later, same ol Clippers

I imagine lightsout is gathering his thoughts for a scorching hot post, can't wait

p.s. remember when the Clippers and Warriors were rivals lol

This "same ol Clippers" line that casuals like to repeat is very entertaining. In what universe did the old Clippers ever have a superstar max player to trade in the first place?

The best part is that this is clearly a Jerry West move. Make a shocking trade of a fan favorite player out of nowhere to trigger a rebuild. Sounds just like what he did with Monta Ellis back in Golden State! And when that trade happened the entire fanbase booed the owner out of his own building and completely ripped the trade, but it led to the team GS has now. Of course your average Warriors bandwagoner can't remember that far back, and the fans who booed like to pretend it didn't happen.

I don't know how this Blake deal will turn out, but clearly West has something bigger in mind. 

19 minutes ago, The Six said:

This "same ol Clippers" line that casuals like to repeat is very entertaining. In what universe did the old Clippers ever have a superstar max player to trade in the first place?

The best part is that this is clearly a Jerry West move. Make a shocking trade of a fan favorite player out of nowhere to trigger a rebuild. Sounds just like what he did with Monta Ellis back in Golden State! And when that trade happened the entire fanbase booed the owner out of his own building and completely ripped the trade, but it led to the team GS has now. Of course your average Warriors bandwagoner can't remember that far back, and the fans who booed like to pretend it didn't happen.

I don't know how this Blake deal will turn out, but clearly West has something bigger in mind. 

Yea, it's just strange that the Clippers are now without Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, but it's surprising to see how quickly this Clippers team has been dismantled.

Of course, I'm not going to be entirely surprised if the Jazz end up standing pat, like they do about 8/10 times, and let Rodney "Bubble Wrap" Hood and Derrick Favors (who are on expiring contracts) walk for nothing.

Edited by DustDevil61
Jazz standing pat on expiring contracts (again) and bubble wrap

I'm pretty devastated about this trade, not going to lie. Blake took the worst franchise in sports and made them a winner. He deserved to be one of those guys who stayed with one team his whole career. To see him traded so suddenly for such an underwhelming return, just months after the front office made a big deal about his "legacy" to get him to re-sign, is just awful. There'd better be a damn good plan in place that we just don't know about yet, because right now, it makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Wings said:

When does the Clippers lease expire at Staples Center?

2024. The new arena in Inglewood will hopefully be built by then.

2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Yea, it's just strange that the Clippers are now without Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, but it's surprising to see how quickly this Clippers team has been dismantled.

Of course, I'm not going to be entirely surprised if the Jazz end up standing pat, like they do about 8/10 times, and let Rodney "Bubble Wrap" Hood and Derrick Favors (who are on expiring contracts) walk for nothing.

I'm still upset that O'Connor let Millsap and Jefferson leave without ANY compensation. 

14 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Zero. But since we're on the same topic: How many do the Clippers have?

I'm just givin' ya a hard time...

If the Cavs somehow end up with Bradley and Lou Williams this ends up a completely different second half of the season.

The best Cavs lineup is LeBron plus shooters and IT hasn't been productive enough to justify how much he's held the ball. Maybe if the Cavs practiced they could figure out a way to play to his strengths, but it hasn't worked out yet.

It's really cruel that IT just gets thrown around the league, but he's also still a millionaire so I guess I can't be too upset for him.

I also read yesterday that teams are willing to take on the Luol Deng contracts if the Lakers package one of Kuzma, Lonzo or Ingram. None of those are happening, which makes you question again just WTF Kupchak was doing that last off-season.

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I'm just givin' ya a hard time...

Yea. The way of the Utah Jazz fan has not been an easy one. Even at their late-1990s peak, they still had Michael Jordan and one of the worst NBA work stoppages prevent them from landing a title. Then, even when everything goes right in 2016-17, it's still not enough to keep one of your best players. So...yeah.

But the Clippers' collapse is even worse. At least Utah still has Rudy Gobert around.

15 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm still upset that O'Connor let Millsap and Jefferson leave without ANY compensation. 

I believe it was current GM Dennis Lindsay, but there was a rebuilding aspect to it. I see the reasoning there, but I don't entirely agree with it.

So I’m behind. I just found out my favorite team is trading away it’s best player a year after losing its other best player. A team that didn’t have much best anything to celebrate until they came around. This sucks, but it also looks like something Jerry West would do. I’m gonna wait it out, but I guess that is the life of a Clipper fan anyway.

16 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks

What a season it's been for the Cavs.  I've never seen a team have such a trainwreck season yet simultaneously still be a favorite to reach the finals.

As a Jazz fan, a not very small part of me would kill for that.

18 hours ago, Kaz said:

Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks

What a season it's been for the Cavs.  I've never seen a team have such a trainwreck season yet simultaneously still be a favorite to reach the finals.

Who replaces him on the ASG team from the East? It's too bad they won't just name Lou from the West.