NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

The Cavs were just outscored 24-9 in the fourth in Orlando. They were up 16 at the half and lost by 18.

If I were LeBron I'd get "injured" and call it a career in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Maybe we'll actually get a different finals this year. Houston or OKC vs. Boston or Toronto........eh probably not :(

There's a reason it's rare for teams to make a Finals more than three years in a row. It's a ton of extra miles and people get exhausted. The 80s Lakers and 2010s Heat made four Finals in a row, but those Lakers had an all-time roster and the Heat had LeBron.

The Warriors can probably flip a switch, but it also wouldn't be surprising if Steph got injured, Draymond fell apart, and Houston was able to catch them.

If Hayward comes back, I think it's Boston. If not, probably Toronto.

If Cleveland is able to dump three of four of IT, TT, Shumpert and JR, then maybe it's a different story. Times like these would be really helpful to have a GM, I bet. And if I were Gilbert -- who wants to sell the Cavs and buy the Pistons -- I'd say :censored: it and go all in. Trade what you can, including the pick, see if you can get DJ, Clarkson, Lou Williams, Tyreke Evans, Avery Bradley or whatever, and make a legit run at it. James is getting TFO no matter what, Lue isn't/shouldn't be coming back, and 2018-19 looks like a good time to blow it up anyway.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, Wings said:

Maybe we'll actually get a different finals this year. Houston or OKC vs. Boston or Toronto........eh probably not :(

That royally sucks. Such a fun player to watch.

But, really, who replaces him from the East?

Blake Griffin?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Hayward is 100% done for the season. 

Danny Ainge trying to get 1 year rental for Monroe, and/or Lou & Tyreke all but confirms it. 

Celtics have still proven they're a legit championship contender without him though. Those moves will only help them.  

I think it's all but guaranteed we have a new team representing The East. Likely either Boston or Toronto. 

As I've said before, barring some blockbuster trade deal, Cavs are just done. No :censored:ing way the beat That Celtics defense, or Raptors offense. The team clearly doesn't give a crap anymore, and knows :censored:s getting blown up when the season ends. 

The West still belongs to The Dubs, but Houston has proven to be a legit threat to them. Though that could change come playoff time.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

My hot take is that Houston/OKC has a better shot at winning their conference than Cleveland does. Still not the most likely outcome, but....

Increasingly high on Toronto coming out of the East after they beat down the Celtics last night. No one else in the East has their depth, and not sure Monroe alone will save Boston's second-unit offense or lack thereof.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Monroe should help on offense but he is not a good defender. I don't like the idea of big men being liabilities on the defensive end. Maybe as a Celtic he'll kick it up a notch on that end since he's a free agent this summer and might want to sell himself as a productive part of a playoff team, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Lakers say they're playing for 2019 and skipping free agents this off-season.

I really wanted to see LeBron as a Laker, but James/Paul/Harden/Capella (+Melo because why not) could be a ton of fun.

Speaking of, Melo played six minutes last night and the Thunder won by 20 over Golden State. Makesyouthink.meme.

11 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

The West still belongs to The Dubs, but Houston has proven to be a legit threat to them. Though that could change come playoff time.  

The Warriors look more beatable than years past. But, yeah, that could change come playoff time. If the Spurs were healthy I could see them making a run at the Dubs, but not the Rockets. They're a D'Antoni team lead by players with very little offseason success. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Lakers say they're playing for 2019 and skipping free agents this off-season.

I really wanted to see LeBron as a Laker, but James/Paul/Harden/Capella (+Melo because why not) could be a ton of fun.

Speaking of, Melo played six minutes last night and the Thunder won by 20 over Golden State. Makesyouthink.meme.

If James wants the max from Houston could they even afford Melo and keep Capella? Klay is a free agent in 2019. I could easily see him leaving the Warriors for the Lakers. 

Maybe not Capella, but you'd have to imagine Melo would take less to play with LeBron. Especially as he'd likely be a bench guy.

EDIT: this is all just idle speculation. It's impossible to predict NBA roster moves. Maybe LeBron's best option is to sit a year out.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Maybe not Capella, but you'd have to imagine Melo would take less to play with LeBron. Especially as he'd likely be a bench guy.

EDIT: this is all just idle speculation. It's impossible to predict NBA roster moves. Maybe LeBron's best option is to sit a year out.

Remember, LaLa hasn't filed to divorce Carmelo yet, which contract he takes might not be solely his choice to make.

Just now, dfwabel said:

OK, Cavs/Wolves last ten minutes of play was tremendous.

I don't watch a lot of regular season NBA games but I had that one on in the background while I do schoolwork and I'm sure glad I did.  That game was crazy.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, dfwabel said:

OK, Cavs/Wolves last ten minutes of play was tremendous.

That was a really, really fun game with an awesome finish. Good on the Cavs to finally win a big one. Point at this when people say the regular season is pointless; this was fun.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That was a really, really fun game with an awesome finish. Good on the Cavs to finally win a big one. Point at this when people say the regular season is pointless; this was fun.

Hubie made it even better.

Saying, "Oh no, you can't," to Osmun (whomever that dude is)on a late MIN possession, was classic Hubie.

If that was a TNT Players Only game, any of their broadcast teams would've been talking about something from 2003.

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Capela will have a small cap hold, he would have to wait for LeBron to sign then he could be signed for any amount because of his Bird rights

Houston will have to gut their team (and use all their assets to do so) to make a big move this offseason

Archived