buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

Monroe should help on offense but he is not a good defender. I don't like the idea of big men being liabilities on the defensive end. Maybe as a Celtic he'll kick it up a notch on that end since he's a free agent this summer and might want to sell himself as a productive part of a playoff team, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Lakers say they're playing for 2019 and skipping free agents this off-season.

I really wanted to see LeBron as a Laker, but James/Paul/Harden/Capella (+Melo because why not) could be a ton of fun.

Speaking of, Melo played six minutes last night and the Thunder won by 20 over Golden State. Makesyouthink.meme.

11 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

The West still belongs to The Dubs, but Houston has proven to be a legit threat to them. Though that could change come playoff time.  

The Warriors look more beatable than years past. But, yeah, that could change come playoff time. If the Spurs were healthy I could see them making a run at the Dubs, but not the Rockets. They're a D'Antoni team lead by players with very little offseason success. 

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Lakers say they're playing for 2019 and skipping free agents this off-season.

I really wanted to see LeBron as a Laker, but James/Paul/Harden/Capella (+Melo because why not) could be a ton of fun.

Speaking of, Melo played six minutes last night and the Thunder won by 20 over Golden State. Makesyouthink.meme.

If James wants the max from Houston could they even afford Melo and keep Capella? Klay is a free agent in 2019. I could easily see him leaving the Warriors for the Lakers. 

Maybe not Capella, but you'd have to imagine Melo would take less to play with LeBron. Especially as he'd likely be a bench guy.

EDIT: this is all just idle speculation. It's impossible to predict NBA roster moves. Maybe LeBron's best option is to sit a year out.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Maybe not Capella, but you'd have to imagine Melo would take less to play with LeBron. Especially as he'd likely be a bench guy.

EDIT: this is all just idle speculation. It's impossible to predict NBA roster moves. Maybe LeBron's best option is to sit a year out.

Remember, LaLa hasn't filed to divorce Carmelo yet, which contract he takes might not be solely his choice to make.

Just now, dfwabel said:

OK, Cavs/Wolves last ten minutes of play was tremendous.

I don't watch a lot of regular season NBA games but I had that one on in the background while I do schoolwork and I'm sure glad I did.  That game was crazy.

Just now, dfwabel said:

OK, Cavs/Wolves last ten minutes of play was tremendous.

That was a really, really fun game with an awesome finish. Good on the Cavs to finally win a big one. Point at this when people say the regular season is pointless; this was fun.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That was a really, really fun game with an awesome finish. Good on the Cavs to finally win a big one. Point at this when people say the regular season is pointless; this was fun.

Hubie made it even better.

Saying, "Oh no, you can't," to Osmun (whomever that dude is)on a late MIN possession, was classic Hubie.

If that was a TNT Players Only game, any of their broadcast teams would've been talking about something from 2003.

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Capela will have a small cap hold, he would have to wait for LeBron to sign then he could be signed for any amount because of his Bird rights

Houston will have to gut their team (and use all their assets to do so) to make a big move this offseason

Seeing as how the Mavericks have a tendency to trade their first round draft picks after one or two seasons, I hope that Dennis Smith Jr., ends that trend and plays for the team for his entire rookie contract and then some. 

CLE traders IT and Frye plus a pick to LAL for Nance and Clarkson.

Now the money, per Bobby Marks:

The Lakers now take on the expiring $6.3M contract of Isaiah Thomas and $7.4M expiring contract of Channing Frye. The Lakers now project to have $46.9M in room this summer. The cap space will increase to $69M if they do not bring back Julius Randle and stretch the $37M owed to Luol Deng over 5 years.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0753302845796653958-4

Edited by dfwabel

On 2/3/2018 at 6:13 AM, who do you think said:

$52 million in salary coming off the Lakers' books this summer, plus any additional room they can create by unloading Clarkson's contract (~$11 million) in the trade market.

Hey guess what.

Weren't all indications out of Boston that Isaiah Thomas was a great guy?  Then he gets to Cleveland and becomes a cancer?  I'm probably missing something from his Boston days.

26 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Weren't all indications out of Boston that Isaiah Thomas was a great guy?  Then he gets to Cleveland and becomes a cancer?  I'm probably missing something from his Boston days.

His two stops before the Celtics, SAC and PHX, were where he wasn't liked in the locker room and had coaching conflicts, but look at both of those franchises since 2010.

Edited by dfwabel