NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

I think Nance in the playoffs has the potential to be a lot of fun.

Cleveland turned into a new and significantly better team, all without sacrificing that Nets pick. I'm really impressed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Weren't all indications out of Boston that Isaiah Thomas was a great guy?  Then he gets to Cleveland and becomes a cancer?  I'm probably missing something from his Boston days.

I'm pretty sure he still is, but I think he had to "play" his way out of Cleveland. I think we all knew he was never go to mesh with LeBron anywhere near the way Kyrie did. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

*In the case of Rose, at least as much as Snyder can maximize with whatever’s left in the tank and when he’s ever on the court.

D Rose is expecting to be bought out. Odds are he's heading to Minnesota.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Even if they got better, it's still somewhat funny they sold off nearly half their team at the deadline. 

That was the point.

I just LOVE the moves that the Cavs made. Unload the dysfunctional pieces/trash and got three studs in return, two of whom are young guys (and Nance) that set us up for the coming rebuild too, all that without giving up the Nets pick!

I don't know how I feel about this trade.

On one hand, I think IT is going to be pretty good in the Lakers' system, but I really hate losing JC and Nance. I really liked both players.

EDIT: I'm also seeing that because of this trade, people are saying that the Lakers have the cap space to sign two max deals AND to keep Randle as well. If that's the case, then I'm all for this trade. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Nets pick is a half-game from being a guaranteed top-six pick in a draft where there are six really good prospects available. A game out from having the best odds at No. 1. That pick has more value than any player the Cavs could've traded it for, and I'm glad they held onto it. I think that the Cavs have actually positioned themselves decently for LeBron heading into this summer, too -- it's now hard to argue that it's only downhill from here. If this team is able to get back to the Finals, I think it shows that this is still (for all its faults) his best shot.

6fQjS3M.png

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

The Nets pick is a half-game from being a guaranteed top-six pick in a draft where there are six really good prospects available. A game out from having the best odds at No. 1. That pick has more value than any player the Cavs could've traded it for, and I'm glad they held onto it. I think that the Cavs have actually positioned themselves decently for LeBron heading into this summer, too -- it's now hard to argue that it's only downhill from here. If this team is able to get back to the Finals, I think it shows that this is still (for all its faults) his best shot.

And does he really want to deal with Golden State that many times before the Western Conference Finals? Granted, I think after next year Golden State may finally have to start cutting salary.  That deal with Rakuten is pretty big ($6o mil a year I believe) but eventually players wan't paid instead of putting money aside for the greater good of the team. It reminds me of the Indians from 1994-1998, eventually you can't afford to keep everyone and someone's going to walk out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not a hardcore NBA fan by any means so take this with a grain of salt, but the Cavs' moves feel, to me, like they were made without consulting Lebron and/or with the idea he will be moving on this summer. Lebron likes to play with his buddies and shipping D-Wade back to Miami, gutting a team Lebron had a hand in putting together and replacing it with an arguably better team over the course of a day were moves that were good for the team, not necessarily good for keeping Lebron happy. I could be way off base, but that's what all of the movement feels like in my kinda-half-sorta-NBA following opinion.

So the Jazz get the man they were looking for last summer in Jae Crowder. While I am cautious about his production this season, I am also optimistic that being in a different system will provide him an opportunity to return to form.

I'm also curious as to what number he wears. He's worn 99 in Boston and Cleveland, but I can't think of any Jazz player who's worn a number higher than 55. Something's gotta give there.

I also hope that Joe Johnson finds himself on a contender to make one last push or two at a championship as well. As a Jazz fan, Iso Joe's buzzer beater against the Clippers in Game 1 of the first round last year will be one of my favorite moments in Jazz history.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's been reported that James spoke with the team about Wade's departure. I'm sure that's fine.

They still have to play the games, but has any team ever won the trade deadline the way the Cavs just did? Outside of flipping TT for DJ, they got all they could have wanted. I'm still in shock.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

If that Nets pick rolls high in the lottery (or god forbid it hits #1, Billy King will have to leave the country), things could get mighty interesting. They can't trade the pick straight-up because Stepien, but they could do a pick swap and trade it for someone else's #20 or something.

That's the other thing with George Hill - he will help them on the court, but after the season's over he's pretty disposable as a 32 year old non-star making a ton of money. Hill's contract is big enough that his salary could be used to facilitate a trade for another star player, and the Cavs can bait the hook with a #1/top-3 Nets pick and Nance if he has a good showing this spring (and Zizic I guess but it seems like he's lost a bit of steam as a prospect). The jackpot scenario would be Anthony Davis or Kawhi Leonard, but surely alternatives will be available in the likely event that Cleveland got outbid for those guys, since even with the top pick they wouldn't have much to work with.

Or, the Cavs could zig left and just keep the pick if it rolls #1/top-3 (or whatever they'd be happy with) and tell LeBron to kick rocks, you're 33 years old and we can't keep burning the candle at both ends just to make you happy. Then LeBron goes to LA, Paul George/star #2 follows him, and for the Lakers' third star the Cavs trade Love to LA for Deng's contract, Ingram or Kuzma, and try to recoup a 1st rounder or two. Unlikely, but how hilarious would that be.

So many rabbit holes, so little time.

I've had it with this guy. He bitched his way out of Phoenix and went out of his way to trash them multiple times after joining the Celtics, he cried like a teenage girl for months after Boston traded him to Cleveland for a better player, he turns the Cavs inside out with his small man's complex and leaking s*** to the media - not to mention playing like hot garbage - then he gets traded again to LA and he has the balls to dictate through his agent that he's not coming off the bench? You're not Allen Iverson buddy, you're a 5'9" Jerry Stackhouse on a GOOD day.

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Weren't all indications out of Boston that Isaiah Thomas was a great guy?  Then he gets to Cleveland and becomes a cancer?  I'm probably missing something from his Boston days.

Considering that he was the one who had it in for Love for his illness.

I think that if anything, IT gets brownie points for playing after his sister's death.  Any "cancer" reputation, founded or unfounded, got brushed aside in Boston after that.

VmWIn6B.png

9 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The Kings dumped him because he couldn't get along with Cousins. The Suns dumped him because he couldn't get along with Dragic. Playing under Brad Stevens is the only time Isaiah actually wasn't a cancer, it seems.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived