buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

HOLY CRAP that fall looks terrifying. At least he is alright but, they should try to exercise more caution when hanging onto the rims

I'm just happy he can move after that. My fear watching it live was that he broke his neck. His body was perpendicular to the ground and his hands just slipped off the rim, it looked like he landed right on his neck/upper back. Not good.

Oh yay, Steph’s ankle issue is rearing it’s ugly head again :(

Hopefully it’s early enough for him to recover in time for the playoffs, ala KD’s Zaza-induced knee issue last year. 

Honestly, if I’m the Warriors, I start sitting their stars the remainder of the season. Houston going super saiyan isn’t making that an easier proposition, though. 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Houston going super saiyan isn’t making that an easier proposition, though. 

MpoUL.gif

The Warriors were bound to break down sooner or later. The one-seed isn’t totally necessary, and I’m sure they’ll be fine without it. Still, I’m not looking forward to Houston in May/June, maybe.

I’m just glad I can keep up my Dragon Ball Z Abridged .gif habit in this thread.

Just saw the Jaylen Brown fall.... glad it isn't a worse injury, that fall looked awful. 

Houston/New Orleans could be a doozy in round 1. AD is on a tear.

These will probably be the most competitive Western playoffs in some time. Everyone is really good.

It didn't take long for Pistons fans to turn on Blake Griffin. Stan van Gundy's going to get fired and the whole situation is in disarray. Kinda feel bad for everyone there.

9 hours ago, The Six said:

It didn't take long for Pistons fans to turn on Blake Griffin. Stan van Gundy's going to get fired and the whole situation is in disarray. Kinda feel bad for everyone there.

There are Piston fans?

merlin_129282005_f2dd6571-dd81-45de-8f9d

Jordan Clarkson decided it'd be fun to shoot the Cavs out of tonight's game. What a mess.

IT is having one of his good games. Lakers looking good.

So are people still peddling the delusion that Lebron & The Cavs are just in "cruise control" and will tear through the playoffs again because Lebron? 

Hell, even The Dubs look mortal now. 

4 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

So are people still peddling the delusion that Lebron & The Cavs are just in "cruise control" and will tear through the playoffs again because Lebron? 

Yes, actually that's exactly what's gonna happen.

The Celtics are too reliant on Brown and Tatum not getting big stage jitters, and the Raptors are the NBA Bengals; the Fighting LeBrons play this game every year with fans and they still end up in the Finals.

Calm down, Julius!

And that Cavs D is atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

Yes, actually that's exactly what's gonna happen.

The Celtics are too reliant on Brown and Tatum not getting big stage jitters, and the Raptors are the NBA Bengals; the Fighting LeBrons play this game every year with fans and they still end up in the Finals.

I too am going to enjoy seeing the Cavs get bounced in the 1st round. 

Celtics are doubly cooked if Marcus Smart's newest injury keeps him out of the playoffs. Meanwhile the Pacers snuck up to the 3-seed and while that's probably their ceiling, you could imagine some momentum carrying them in the playoffs. At any rate I think the Raps are actually legit this year!

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Celtics are doubly cooked if Marcus Smart's newest injury keeps him out of the playoffs. Meanwhile the Pacers snuck up to the 3-seed and while that's probably their ceiling, you could imagine some momentum carrying them in the playoffs. At any rate I think the Raps are actually legit this year!

Nate McMillan has won only one playoff series in his career and that was 13 years ago when the Sonics still existed. He's lost five in a row.

I hope the Lakers and Nuggets play each in the postseason within the next couple of seasons.

There’s a rivalry brewing there. It’ll be fun. 

2 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I hope the Lakers and Nuggets play each in the postseason within the next couple of seasons.

There’s a rivalry brewing there. It’ll be fun. 

No kidding.

It's such a shame the Lakers blew the first half of the season because they've become a really good, smart, skilled team. And IT has been terrific off the bench the past few games. These Lakers are a real treat to watch. If they get LeBron and Paul George next year, great. But if they strike out and keep their core? That's not so bad either.

Keeping Randle has to be a priority. He's definitely figured out how to use his size and bulk to knock people the eff over. And he's got a bit of Draymond in him too.

And if you're a box score guy, Lonzo had another Lonzo night - 5/9/8, plus 3 steals, 2 blocks and a game-high +18. They're going to eventually name stats after him.

9 hours ago, Digby said:

As a Caps fan, I must warn you, this is a very, very dangerous line of thinking my friend. 

Prediction: Warriors will not win the title this year. Injuries, age and a below average bench have caught up to them.