NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a second, I was worried we had seen the last of "The Andersons got tickets to the game?" I'm happy to see it return for a third year in a row!

EDIT: Uh...Luol Deng? GTFO.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Lonzo getting boards like a champ...and not much else.

Also, maybe Ingram shouldn't have been untouchable in the off-season. Yikes.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Ingram wears Michael Cooper's shorts, right?

Someone's got to bring the look back.

The only baby Laker who seems to be worth a damn tonight is Nance. Clarkson too.  Hard to tell with Lonzo; he'll have easier nights than Patrick Beverly.

The Clips also might actually be good.

As a Clipper fan, I know it was just the crappy Lakers, but I can already tell that this team is going to be so much more fun to watch than the last couple years. Doc wasn't lying when he said this team would play at a faster pace and move the ball more unselfishly. The roster is also very deep, which is a big step up from our recent terrible benches. Our offense has even more potential than they showed last night, because Teodosic and Gallinari aren't going to be shooting 2-9 and 3-13 respectively every night.

Austin Rivers needs to just stop getting any minutes, though. He's horrible. It's his sixth season in the league, he's been given an insane amount of opportunities to contribute because of nepotism, and he still looks like a raw rookie out there. At some point, Doc needs to admit that the Austin Rivers Career Reclamation Project is a failure.

I loved every minute of Beverley punking Lonzo. I can't stand Lonzo, his hype machine or his loudmouth dad.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The only baby Laker who seems to be worth a damn tonight is Nance. Clarkson too.  Hard to tell with Lonzo; he'll have easier nights than Patrick Beverly.

Lost in the schadenfreude about Lonzo's disappointing debut was Ingram shooting 3-15 and making no positive impact at all. I never bought into the "next KD" hype with him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Someone's got to bring the look back.

The Clips also might actually be good.

Much more greatness after the game.

LaVar Ball (He and Stephen A. are the best comedy duo working now):

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/20/lavar-ball-says-lonzo-had-a-good-game-criticizes-lakers-teammates-while-shouting-at-stephen-a-smith-on-espn/

Patrick Beverly (to LaVar):

“Weak ass [expletive]. Bring him out on the court with me and I will tear his ass up.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-lavar-patrick-beverley-clippers-trash-talk

41 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Lost in the schadenfreude about Lonzo's disappointing debut was Ingram shooting 3-15 and making no positive impact at all. I never bought into the "next KD" hype with him.

I'll say this about Ingram -- he isn't afraid to a.) keep on shooting or b.) go to the rim. He doesn't get any calls at all -- probably because he's still rail-thin, but I admire his persistence.

And yeah, he has the basic look of Durant as a rookie, but not nearly as natural a scorer. Durant was incredible back at Texas; Ingram was good at Duke. Ingram is still young and has time, but Durant was scoring 25 PPG in year two. I don't see that for Ingram, even as they're giving him the greenest of all possible lights.

Archived