buzzcut

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

41 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Lost in the schadenfreude about Lonzo's disappointing debut was Ingram shooting 3-15 and making no positive impact at all. I never bought into the "next KD" hype with him.

I'll say this about Ingram -- he isn't afraid to a.) keep on shooting or b.) go to the rim. He doesn't get any calls at all -- probably because he's still rail-thin, but I admire his persistence.

And yeah, he has the basic look of Durant as a rookie, but not nearly as natural a scorer. Durant was incredible back at Texas; Ingram was good at Duke. Ingram is still young and has time, but Durant was scoring 25 PPG in year two. I don't see that for Ingram, even as they're giving him the greenest of all possible lights.

When you're a rookie, and it's your second career game, it doesn't matter who you played. Going 29-11-9 is ridiculous. 

The Lakers might have finally drafted their next superstar. 

27 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

When you're a rookie, and it's your second career game, it doesn't matter who you played. Going 29-11-9 is ridiculous. 

Matt, we know you're a Laker Stan, but the last few days should've alerted you not to be such a homer.

So, the Magic win a nice game at home vs. the Heat and then drop one vs. the Nets.

The REAL Orlando Magic season starts now! :puke:

8 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Not if Patrick Beverley has anything to say about it.

2 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Not if Patrick Beverley has anything to say about it.

Well that's four games a season. There's also four against the Suns.

Lonzo won't average a near triple double all season, but he did go for 29/11/9 in an NBA game. I know that aberrations happen -- Corey Brewer scored 50 points once -- but Lonzo showed he belongs and is worth watching.

And, say what you will, but for being likely the most-hyped rookie since LeBron (if not him, who?), he's handled himself remarkably well. I can't imagine the pressure he must be feeling and it doesn't seem to show at all.

33 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Well that's four games a season. There's also four against the Suns.

Lonzo won't average a near triple double all season, but he did go for 29/11/9 in an NBA game. I know that aberrations happen -- Corey Brewer scored 50 points once -- but Lonzo showed he belongs and is worth watching.

And, say what you will, but for being likely the most-hyped rookie since LeBron (if not him, who?), he's handled himself remarkably well. I can't imagine the pressure he must be feeling and it doesn't seem to show at all.

He's handling it well, but he really isn't being talked to; his Pops is. The pressure is on his face though and it's apparent as Pops or Magic needs to get him a (better) dermatologist. You have money, fix the breakouts.

Ha! He does have Durant-level zits, doesn't he.

33 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ha! He does have Durant-level zits, doesn't he.

All three of dem boys got serious acne. Gotta be from the Mom's side.

And they're L.A. natives; it's not like even an average dermatologist is scarce. Just get one from the UCLA Medical Center.

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He's handling it well, but he really isn't being talked to; his Pops is. The pressure is on his face though and it's apparent as Pops or Magic needs to get him a (better) dermatologist. You have money, fix the breakouts.

Yeah, I was gonna say, people are talking about his sexist, big-mouthed dad more than the actual player.

Warriors lost their cool tonight. Curry started yelling at the ref because he didn't get a +1 after a drive to the hoop and got tossed. You want people to hate you, that's one way to do it. Durant said something and got sent off too. Ridiculous. Just take a loss with some class.

That Giannis guy is pretty good.

Scored 44 on 17-23 shooting. Proving that he does not need an efficient outside shot, even though he did sink a three.