NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

This is so sad:

They should’ve traded Bledsoe last year. Try to get some good talent or draft picks. Watson was never the answer in Phoenix. Until we can get a coach that can guide these young players. The Suns are going to be a dumpster for the unseeable future 

Ben Simmons joins Oscar Robinson as the only players to have a triple double by their 4th ever game.

#TrustTheProcess

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Ben Simmons joins Oscar Robinson as the only players to have a triple double by their 4th ever game.

#TrustTheProcess

Does the process include Fultz getting his shoulder drained?

I've heard of elbows and knees being drained for years, but never a shoulder.

4 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The process is a group exercise in confirmation bias so, no, probably not.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Sam Hinkie planned for this.  Don't worry about it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Clips might be really good this year. I haven't seen Blake so motivated before.

I'm rooting for them.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, The Six said:

I guess all it took for the Clippers to stop being the most hated team in the league was to not have Chris Paul on the team.

He's at least one less guy that complains to the refs after ever single play.

I really thought Blake was done but he looks like LeBron out there.

24 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

He's at least one less guy that complains to the refs after ever single play.

I really thought Blake was done but he looks like LeBron out there.

The "Clippers are whiners" narrative was never really fair. Yes, they definitely complained, but just watch any other team. Everyone complains after every call. Durant and Westbrook whined together all the time in OKC, but they remained liked. Curry throws his mouthpiece at refs. The whole league is full of whiners (which I'm sure is because they're all damned ENTITLED MILLENIALS), but only the Clips were characterized by it by fans and the media.

For some reason people thought Griffin would be out until December, but here is he is playing healthy. He should be in his prime right now, so injuries are the only thing that could hold him back.

40 minutes ago, The Six said:

The "Clippers are whiners" narrative was never really fair. Yes, they definitely complained, but just watch any other team. Everyone complains after every call. Durant and Westbrook whined together all the time in OKC, but they remained liked. Curry throws his mouthpiece at refs. The whole league is full of whiners (which I'm sure is because they're all damned ENTITLED MILLENIALS), but only the Clips were characterized by it by fans and the media.

For some reason people thought Griffin would be out until December, but here is he is playing healthy. He should be in his prime right now, so injuries are the only thing that could hold him back.

I never realized this, but you’re absolutely right. Feels like Blake’s been in the league forever. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I think the Clips might be really good this year. I haven't seen Blake so motivated before.

I'm rooting for them.

Yeah, I was in the boat saying that they'd drop off considerably without Paul and (to a less extent) Redick. But Beverley is decent, especially defensively. Galinari and Teodosic were good pick ups as well. Hopefully the latter can return soon. 

sig.png

Cavs stink.

EDIT: More importantly, David Stern says players should be able to smoke weed. Does the NBA even test for marijuana? @dfwabelwill know, but I can't think of any player in recent years that has been busted for smoking dope.

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Cavs stink.

EDIT: More importantly, David Stern says players should be able to smoke weed. Does the NBA even test for marijuana? @dfwabelwill know, but I can't think of any player in recent years that has been busted for smoking dope.

They don't get suspended until a 3rd positive marijuana test. OJ Mayo was the last guy I remember to be kickedout, but it was for something much harder than weed.

But to answer you, it's likely Larry Sanders as the last guy suspended in 2014 but JR Smith also got 5 games in 2013 for his 3rd pot violation.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Excellent win Lakers. That 4th quarter was insane.

That was a fun game. Ingram's shot to tie it up at the end was uggggggly, but he seems to have abandoned any pretense of playing with grace or style. If he can get baskets looking his arms and legs are completely independent from one another, by all means, do it.

Julius Randle can be a lot of fun when he plays with his head in the game. He should try doing that every minute, instead of just some of them.

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

That was a fun game. Ingram's shot to tie it up at the end was uggggggly, but he seems to have abandoned any pretense of playing with grace or style. If he can get baskets looking his arms and legs are completely independent from one another, by all means, do it.

Julius Randle can be a lot of fun when he plays with his head in the game. He should try doing that every minute, instead of just some of them.

Since  Lonzo only played two pre-season games, the Lakers have a somewhat serious problem with spacing the court with the 4 and the 5.  Lopez and Randle are oftentimes arms lenght apart on the offensive end, just standing there. Luke should get this corrected with Lonzo playing more.  

Archived