CFHall99

image.thumb.png.d1b9e0ba45ca63b59273b8e35f3baf17.png

image.thumb.png.a5e3b49ffa66238aa8f9559fe7484ee3.png

(Updated)

I have updated the main post so the finalized renderings are seen first. (Still debating over final numbers. Both based off current Eagles font, but modified)

Here is the remainder of the blog for how the above were created. Look through and comment I will update the finals if suggestions and changes are warranted.

**** ORIGINAL POST BELOW  *****

Okay, I've heard lots of talk about modernizing a throwback classic Eagles uniform but haven't seen any good renderings for what the single vision is for this. So, I took the time and created a one. There is too much discussion to me about "Kelly Green". It's more than that. It's bringing back tradition and having an identity that the loyal fan base can relate to. Lots of Kelly Green advocates seem to just want the "old" back. And this annoys the Millennials who don't care about the past...preferring cool. I just want green back (not some hipster made up color) and would love to see a return of silver. To me, the Eagles' colors should be green, silver and white. Agree??? 

I feel these would be some of the best uniforms in football...home or away. Your input is appreciated to fine tune them.

image.thumb.png.830eed1ad30eca99fe5901fb28cda0e1.png

Notes:

Green - Not Kelly (50/60s), and not as dark as 80's. Hopefully modernly in between (jersey would have modern shiny shoulder/chest)

Silver - The silver has a slight green tint to make it unique (pants would be shiny material)

No black - removed from wing logo (any black seen is outline of drawings only)

Facemask - Gray, not shiny silver

Concept - Closest is Vick era throwback 50's (with shoulder stripes everyone comments on), mixed with the 80's (without overdoing the stripes), and utilizing modern helmet wing and materials

Some minor tweaks and clean up...

* Figure don't need to see back of helmet so included both sides (though same - may not be on some teams)

* Little too much green with home socks, so added some more 80-90s style

* Removed the accidentally left in midnight green hue in wing logo (thanks @WeaponX for catching!)

Incredible.  Just incredible.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, CFHall99 said:

To me, the Eagles' colors should be green, silver and white. Agree??? 

AGREE??? DO I EVER!!!

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

@Magic Dynasty - I doctored some stripe changes for the away jersey.

Option A: Left sleeve reverses the gray and green stripes.

Option B: The right sleeve increases the size of the green stripe to have it stand out more as primary color.

image.png.3fa464a3a4b14b43733035353f9101a8.png

I kind of like "B". I personally prefer the primary color in the middle. Thoughts?

Definitely a good look. My opinion is that there’s one too many things going on with the stripe patterns. I would match the sock stripes to the sleeves and go with a simple solid green pant stripe. You’ve got enough detail elsewhere.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Literally my only complaint are the green socks (stripes should be w/g/s/g/w).  Even with mismatching stripes, this is a contender for best concept I have ever seen.  I've long thought that the Eagles, if they were to redesign, should use the current helmet logo (sans black) in place of their cutout logo that they used forever.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Okay, phew....lots of stripe comments. So, I've matched the stripes with sleeves for home and away jerseys. Had to make home socks green ones, though think looked better before. Note: most football uniforms with stripes do not match from helmet to jersey to pants to socks. They just usually have same colors. I don't personally think it matters but here is rendering with matching. @andrewharrington - tried a solid green stripe for pants and didn't like it. Shade of green would have to be darker on silver pants to pull that off. So, how about even fancier? haha. Made pant stripe include the 3 colors and added a hip logo -- could see this being the old style eagle w/ football logo as well.

image.thumb.png.232d8b59c719df10ec2c4c776b4ca31c.png

What's modified:

* Shoulder stripes have wider center stripe as requested

* Socks stripes match jersey stripes as requested

* Attempt to bring pant stripe into scheme a bit more (more work needed)

The socks definitely work better with the jerseys. I think that stripe pattern works really well with the eagle wing. It mirrors the back edge nicely.

The pants, I think are lateral at best, but possibly even a downgrade. The logo just gets lost in there, and I think the uniform has a lot of detail between the helmet wings and the sleeve and sock stripes. I still think something very simple (like solid green) on the pants would balance out all that detail better.

Either way, home run so far.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Some suggestions I would have for the original design you put together: 

- Make the sleeve lines more like the Harold/Wilbert/Jaws era and use up that whole portion of the sleeve, incorporated the Nike logo obviously. 

- Use the 80's word mark as opposed to today's word mark. 

- Use the current number font

- Make the collar green on the white jerseys

I think with those slight changes, you'd have the best looking Eagles mock up out there. 

Okay some number options. I like the current numbers, but can't stand the 1's. And since I have Wentz's number in renderings, it would be two of them. Yuck. How about the ones below, close enough? Better? They do make more modern...but not sure if improvement or not. Send opinions.

Alternative numbers A:

image.thumb.png.2774f3fa098f5294536eddaf4ceb6c1b.png

Numbers based on the following which are close to current ones (but better 1's and 4's). See 6-0, I was converting 1-5 to bold, but should be enough to get idea:

image.png.87780d2081524adb5df43100ec124538.png

Alternative numbers B:

image.thumb.png.31cf6316fb4eb4ce90c92ba835827734.png

These are based on following numbers that looked "eagle-like":

image.png.f9281370118f33650449e52227b76764.png

Lastly, you'll notice the first pic has an updated multi-color stripe. Think folks are leaning towards the solid one, but if multiple, I think this one is better. Solid stripe or plain solid green socks could be substituted in either pic above.

3 hours ago, CFHall99 said:

Okay some number options. I like the current numbers, but can't stand the 1's. And since I have Wentz's number in renderings, it would be two of them. Yuck. How about the ones below, close enough? Better? They do make more modern...but not sure if improvement or not. Send opinions.

Alternative numbers A:

image.thumb.png.2774f3fa098f5294536eddaf4ceb6c1b.png

Numbers based on the following which are close to current ones (but better 1's and 4's). See 6-0, I was converting 1-5 to bold, but should be enough to get idea:

image.png.87780d2081524adb5df43100ec124538.png

Alternative numbers B:

image.thumb.png.31cf6316fb4eb4ce90c92ba835827734.png

These are based on following numbers that looked "eagle-like":

image.png.f9281370118f33650449e52227b76764.png

Lastly, you'll notice the first pic has an updated multi-color stripe. Think folks are leaning towards the solid one, but if multiple, I think this one is better. Solid stripe or plain solid green socks could be substituted in either pic above.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I'd think they might want to leave solid pants stripes to the other Pennsylvania team.

Looks really good.  I'm partial to the very first concept (I'm a block number fan, though).

This shows just how nice a basic color scheme like gray and green can be. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived