CFHall99

I like the block numbers best too. For fancier, I'd pick the first alternative above.

Hey on a side note, what do you think about something like this in the shoulder stripes? Think it could be done so that not extremely noticeable. Just trying to get all design aspects out. If "Keep it simple!" is what most want, then that's what I'll stick with. I've just had the following idea for a while and wanted to sketch it out for opinions.

Home:

image.png.dd3ac9f6e0823f35a392ac04c9d4327e.png

Away:

image.png.6faedf06f26472d5e6c566ff6c19dffb.png

The outline colors on the stripes would be stitching.

That idea looks interesting. I'd go for it. With the numbers, I would go with something both bold, curvy and sharp to fit with the logos/wordmark

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I definitely do not want the numbers being a focal point or distraction. A little character/uniqueness is okay. But boring, clean block numbers are my favorite. 

Current eagles numbers are okay to me... Other than the 1s that look silly and awkward. And the bottom bar/serif on 4s doesn't fit the other numbers. 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 are all really sharp looking to me though. Modern and classy... So agree fits my theme. 

Okay, here is the full detail version of concepts so far. From here I will go backwards...remove shoulder stripe detail...go to solid pant stripe...go to solid socks...etc. Think these are all the concepts. I'm still working on a number font that is based off the current uniforms. But this should get some opinions flowing.

image.thumb.png.73d3242e8385534f52abed2b76562818.png

Alright, time to get the numbers finalized. This took forever, but I wanted to get the Eagles' current numbers up for debate and discussion. I have some final font options that I will post. Please like the one you want to see on the jerseys and also comment if desired. I'll make my decision based on majority rule.

To begin, here is the current Philly number font:

image.png.619deae0d2b8ccccc0634a59186a0461.png

Pretty cool and nice. But, on top of the terrible 1's for a football uniform, you'll notice many inconsistencies. The center bars of 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 are not the same height (vertically go up and down like a rollercoaster). The width of the sides on 0, 5, 6, 8, 9 are not same (left side wider, except 5 which has really skinny left side). The questionable serif on 1 and 4 are not same width on left and right (wider on right).

So, here is a corrected and balanced version of the current numbers:

image.png.501f43b904d095cf5bcec7ed3c8568b4.png

Which led me to create the following. A1) The 1 retains character but much less noticeable; A2) Same as A1 without serifs on bottom of 1s and 4s; B1) The 1s adjusted to totally fit in with rest of numbers (clean and block like merge of fonts); B2) Same as B1 without serifs on bottoms.

image.png.4742bf430391284e2edc48fcbf897d87.png

I will next post block versions ready for jersey mockups. Please like the one you like best below....

I like both B options. But think the A options are interesting.

Archived