Should the Arizona Cardinals go back to being called Phoenix?

colortv

On 9/29/2017 at 4:38 AM, smzimbabwe said:

I still wish they had renamed the team the Arizona Phoenix. It's just silly enough sounding that I like it. The Arizona Phoenix play in Phoenix, Arizona. Something about that just tickles my fancy.

I'd dig that too! That's maybe something a future MLS team could pull off - has a certain Bayern München style to it, after all. B)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ColorWerx said:

I haven't ever lived in the Phoenix-metro area (but plan to do so in the next year or two...have been going there annually scouting out places to live), but there is a real division between the different areas in the metropolitan area. Almost a rivalry between the different suburbs.

So the Phoenix area's basically desert NYC in that respect...that, or an Australian city that happens to be in America :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Personally, I think "Phoenix Cardinals" has a better ring to it. Is it appropriate? I don't know. Are people in Tucson going to stop watching if they go back to the name? More importantly, how about in Glendale, where they actually play?

(Side note: My only trip so far to Arizona came in March 2006. We stayed with my great-uncle in Glendale. University of Phoenix stadium was under construction at the time and when you went out the door of his adobe and into the street you could see it across a big open space - I'd guess maybe half a mile away, easy walking distance. We didn't actually go over there but I thought it was kind of cool that his dead-end cul-de-sac was so close, although he's rather reclusive so I'm not sure he feels the same.)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived