anythinglogos

2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Oh is there somewhere I can get caught up on the typeface news? That was always a big draw of Nike above Adidas for me up until the last Euros.

There's usually a couple close ups during the reveal. England's kit numbers are displayed on Behance right now. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62315197/England-2018-World-Cup-Kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yep, and here’s a few looks at France’s typeface:

nike-2018-world-cup-font+%25283%2529.jpgDYrjHNaW4AAlFqZ?format=jpgDX3Cz1CXUAIkyY0?format=jpg

I haven’t seen any in-depth articles showing and explaining this one, though Nike’s press release said it’s inspired by France’s Art Deco architecture, and supposedly the hexagon shape loosely represents the geographical perimeter of France:

DYWIWbNWAAIymaO?format=jpg

 

And here’s a few looks at Brazil’s typeface:DX3D_g8XcAA1evL?format=jpgNike-News-2018-brasil-national-team-collDYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

Again, I haven’t seen anything fully showing and explaining this one either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hell yes. Brazil looks like an evolution of what they've used for a while, and France's is so perfectly French. That's great news -- I really loved how not only did Nike teams have unique typefaces from 06-16 or so, but that they generally stayed consistent and evolved by cycle -- really nice bit of consistency and actual team identity from year to year. (Which is also why it's fitting that the USA gave up on a good one and went through 3 new ones in a few years.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:



^Yep, and here’s a few looks at France’s typeface:

nike-2018-world-cup-font+%25283%2529.jpgDYrjHNaW4AAlFqZ?format=jpgDX3Cz1CXUAIkyY0?format=jpg

I haven’t seen any in-depth articles showing and explaining this one, though Nike’s press release said it’s inspired by France’s Art Deco architecture, and supposedly the hexagon shape loosely represents the geographical perimeter of France:

DYWIWbNWAAIymaO?format=jpg

 

And here’s a few looks at Brazil’s typeface:DX3D_g8XcAA1evL?format=jpgNike-News-2018-brasil-national-team-collDYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

Again, I haven’t seen anything fully showing and explaining this one either.

One of the names for mainland france is l’Hexagone. Also has the benefit of being the shield part of the federation logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3FhZYhi.jpgOakR186.jpglLHHusM.jpg

 

First time since 1996-98 that we are wearing black shorts and first time with non-blue federation crest. love the away kit, the pattern resembles tiger stripes, and sort of resembles the Korean peninsula using our taeguk pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red and black for Korea seems like it should look odd, but that actually looks pretty sharp. I like the pattern on the away kit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, upperV03 said:

DYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

 

It's amazing and hilarious Nike is using this as a promo image, considering it's a photoshop of an image from the Brazil-Germany world cup semifinal four years ago - the one which ended 7-1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, DiePerske said:

One of the names for mainland france is l’Hexagone. Also has the benefit of being the shield part of the federation logo.

 

Interesting concept, but I think it has too much presence on the numbers, not to mention as a pattern it is firmly entrenched in its association with bees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(oops...moving to 2018-19 thread)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Greece didn’t qualify for the World Cup, but yeah, that’s really classy looking. Nice to finally see Nike give them something a bit more bespoke, though it’s definitely a shame they couldn’t have done the same for the white kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

 

 

 

Teal is probably going insane right now, waited so long for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil font looks good overall. I like the style of number 2. Number 7 does not look good though.

 

2018-03-23t180009z_345122244_rc1b2634bc5
2018-03-23t172057z_1276733488_rc15f28c09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratcher said:

Brazil font looks good overall. I like the style of number 2. Number 7 does not look good though.

 

2018-03-23t180009z_345122244_rc1b2634bc5
2018-03-23t172057z_1276733488_rc15f28c09

Looks like somebody forgot to put a dot at the bottom of that question mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already acknowledged this as ugly design, however I honestly doubt whether they could fit certain double digit numbers within that space. Any double digit number greater than 19 (which doesn’t include a 1) will be squeezed between the adidas logo and crest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the France home jersey soon.

 

 

Only question, get Thauvin who will likely not start but I love, or get a player like Giroud who I don't love, but like and will make the team and start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Getting the France home jersey soon.

 

 

Only question, get Thauvin who will likely not start but I love, or get a player like Giroud who I don't love, but like and will make the team and start.

I always wear my own number, especially with club teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Egypt away which, predictably, is just the white version of the Condivo template:

18EgiptoAWAY1-768x526.jpg43483.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now