2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Oh is there somewhere I can get caught up on the typeface news? That was always a big draw of Nike above Adidas for me up until the last Euros.

There's usually a couple close ups during the reveal. England's kit numbers are displayed on Behance right now. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62315197/England-2018-World-Cup-Kit

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yep, and here’s a few looks at France’s typeface:

nike-2018-world-cup-font+%25283%2529.jpgDYrjHNaW4AAlFqZ?format=jpgDX3Cz1CXUAIkyY0?format=jpg

I haven’t seen any in-depth articles showing and explaining this one, though Nike’s press release said it’s inspired by France’s Art Deco architecture, and supposedly the hexagon shape loosely represents the geographical perimeter of France:

DYWIWbNWAAIymaO?format=jpg

And here’s a few looks at Brazil’s typeface:DX3D_g8XcAA1evL?format=jpgNike-News-2018-brasil-national-team-collDYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

Again, I haven’t seen anything fully showing and explaining this one either.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oh hell yes. Brazil looks like an evolution of what they've used for a while, and France's is so perfectly French. That's great news -- I really loved how not only did Nike teams have unique typefaces from 06-16 or so, but that they generally stayed consistent and evolved by cycle -- really nice bit of consistency and actual team identity from year to year. (Which is also why it's fitting that the USA gave up on a good one and went through 3 new ones in a few years.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

There's usually a couple close ups during the reveal. England's kit numbers are displayed on Behance right now. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62315197/England-2018-World-Cup-Kit

Numbers look like Twizzlers

575cb562315197.5a8c655656428.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep, and here’s a few looks at France’s typeface:

nike-2018-world-cup-font+%25283%2529.jpgDYrjHNaW4AAlFqZ?format=jpgDX3Cz1CXUAIkyY0?format=jpg

I haven’t seen any in-depth articles showing and explaining this one, though Nike’s press release said it’s inspired by France’s Art Deco architecture, and supposedly the hexagon shape loosely represents the geographical perimeter of France:

DYWIWbNWAAIymaO?format=jpg

And here’s a few looks at Brazil’s typeface:DX3D_g8XcAA1evL?format=jpgNike-News-2018-brasil-national-team-collDYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

Again, I haven’t seen anything fully showing and explaining this one either.

One of the names for mainland france is l’Hexagone. Also has the benefit of being the shield part of the federation logo.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3FhZYhi.jpgOakR186.jpglLHHusM.jpg

First time since 1996-98 that we are wearing black shorts and first time with non-blue federation crest. love the away kit, the pattern resembles tiger stripes, and sort of resembles the Korean peninsula using our taeguk pattern.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, upperV03 said:

DYzyxhTW0AEox80?format=jpg

It's amazing and hilarious Nike is using this as a promo image, considering it's a photoshop of an image from the Brazil-Germany world cup semifinal four years ago - the one which ended 7-1...

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

On 3/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, DiePerske said:

One of the names for mainland france is l’Hexagone. Also has the benefit of being the shield part of the federation logo.

Interesting concept, but I think it has too much presence on the numbers, not to mention as a pattern it is firmly entrenched in its association with bees.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

^Greece didn’t qualify for the World Cup, but yeah, that’s really classy looking. Nice to finally see Nike give them something a bit more bespoke, though it’s definitely a shame they couldn’t have done the same for the white kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Teal is probably going insane right now, waited so long for this.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, Scratcher said:

Brazil font looks good overall. I like the style of number 2. Number 7 does not look good though.

2018-03-23t180009z_345122244_rc1b2634bc5
2018-03-23t172057z_1276733488_rc15f28c09

Looks like somebody forgot to put a dot at the bottom of that question mark. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I've already acknowledged this as ugly design, however I honestly doubt whether they could fit certain double digit numbers within that space. Any double digit number greater than 19 (which doesn’t include a 1) will be squeezed between the adidas logo and crest.

9 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Getting the France home jersey soon.

Only question, get Thauvin who will likely not start but I love, or get a player like Giroud who I don't love, but like and will make the team and start.

I always wear my own number, especially with club teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived