2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

11 hours ago, Bayne said:

Australia home is quite nice. Look forward to seeing the entire kit. The away shirt looks soooooooo canon-fodder nation to me. Not terrible though. Its fine.

Here’s the full home kit:

Nike-News-2018-Australia-Jersey-13_squarNike-News-2018-Australia-Jersey-10_squar

Dissapointing that it features yellow shorts again instead of the more traditional green, but I still feel like it’s a really nice kit overall.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies...got excited and posted the new China kit here...should be in the 18/19 kits thread.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had no idea that in WC82 England had two versions of the red strip. Check out this video:

It goes on to say that Admiral was unaware that their branding was allowed on the kit. So they played their first game in non-branded shirts and Admiral sought to correct the error and get their logo on there for the next games. By reissuing the shirts, the new Admiral-clad design actually bore different stripes than what they wore in the non-branded first game. Interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

Korea Republic announced its kit matchups a few days ago that were assigned by FIFA

Korea Republic (White) vs Sweden (Yellow)

Korea Republic (Red) vs Mexico (White)

Korea Republic (Red) vs Germany (Teal)

2018052201691_0.jpg

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Also... Mexico can't wear green but Germany can? Doesn't add up...

It's tied to making sure both kits get seen so people run out and buy them. That's why Germany isn't wearing all white.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Very interesting development regarding adidas kit construction. They are releasing a limited edition Germany kit made out of Primeknit materials (only 2018 produced). I’ll be curious to see if this gets some legs and we see this type of construction over the coming years. Also, while I would think it unlikely, it would not shock me if some players wore a Primeknit version in the WC. Similar to back in the 2010 WC how adidas previously offered a Formotion and TechFit cut of the same jersey and there were players wearing either version on the same team.

The item they’re selling is obviously a stand alone piece with a predetermined, non customizeable number. I don’t see how they could knit numbers in the future for 23 players if they wanted to keep that feature (the knit numbers, as well as the back panels to accommodate the numbers look bad).

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/05/adidas-germany-2018-world-cup-knit-home-away-jerseys.html?m=1

adidas-germany-2018-world-cup-knit-home-

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's tied to making sure both kits get seen so people run out and buy them. That's why Germany isn't wearing all white.

I never actually ran the numbers but I seem to recall that in 2014, every team managed to ensure they wore each of their kits once in the group stage. At least it felt that  way!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

41 minutes ago, Digby said:

I never actually ran the numbers but I seem to recall that in 2014, every team managed to ensure they wore each of their kits once in the group stage. At least it felt that  way!

That's usually what they try to do at all the tournaments. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's usually what they try to do at all the tournaments. 

And it makes sense, especially in a tournament where there is no real home team. 

Want teams in their primaries as much as possible during knockouts, but do what you want in group stage. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived